or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2301  

post #34501 of 122416

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to flatten the arch of the indy boot?  Many thanks!

post #34502 of 122416
You have to use their JCrew store card (or apply for one and use) to get 25% off...I just wish they had one I was even remotely interested in...
post #34503 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

You have to use their JCrew store card (or apply for one and use) to get 25% off...I just wish they had one I was even remotely interested in...

+1 and anything close doesn't have sizes available. JT
post #34504 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

I have black shell LWBs and wear them regularly, but unlike many SF members, I don't hate black shoes. I wear them with navy, grey, brown, and olive trousers from Epaulet and Howard Yount.
If NRO includes Alden's in its next discount code and you're willing to try them, you'd be able to get 20-25% off. They usually seem to have #8 and black LWBs.

I really like black shell. Shell has wonderful qualities that transcend merely color.nod[1].gif
post #34505 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Navy suede Chukkas came in from J. Crew today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

tumblr_m9wmn2LZbm1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_m9wmn2LZbm1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

 

Are those shoes the same as these

post #34506 of 122416
The J Crew chukkas are on the Barrie and I'm pretty sure the ones you posted are on the Leydon last.
post #34507 of 122416

Who knew? the Alden LHS seems a tiny bit bigger than the Brooks Brothers LHS same size 9D.  Odd, the Alden LHS seems 1/4 size larger, this might account for heel slippage.  Wondering how many wears till the soles become nice and flexible.  I have about 10 wears so far and they are not even close in comfort to my old BB #8 LHS.  I hope they loosen up soon, if I went down a half to 8.5D they would be too short and hurt my 2nd toe.  

post #34508 of 122416
In my experience, all Alden for BB shoes fit TTS regardless of the last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Who knew? the Alden LHS seems a tiny bit bigger than the Brooks Brothers LHS same size 9D.  Odd, the Alden LHS seems 1/4 size larger, this might account for heel slippage.  Wondering how many wears till the soles become nice and flexible.  I have about 10 wears so far and they are not even close in comfort to my old BB #8 LHS.  I hope they loosen up soon, if I went down a half to 8.5D they would be too short and hurt my 2nd toe.  
post #34509 of 122416

My BB fit TTS (1 pair)

 

My Aldens I had to size down half size and 1 width. (2 pairs)

 

They take a long time to break in.  1 pair I got in February and wear once or twice a week, and they are only now feeling broken in.

 

You say the 8.5D would be too short, maybe a 9C is your answer to the heel slip.  That worked for me, the D with had too much volume in the heel.

post #34510 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Who knew? the Alden LHS seems a tiny bit bigger than the Brooks Brothers LHS same size 9D.  Odd, the Alden LHS seems 1/4 size larger, this might account for heel slippage.  Wondering how many wears till the soles become nice and flexible.  I have about 10 wears so far and they are not even close in comfort to my old BB #8 LHS.  I hope they loosen up soon, if I went down a half to 8.5D they would be too short and hurt my 2nd toe.  

I am TTS 9.5D.
My regular Barrie size is 9D.
My color 8 Alden for BB LHS is 9C.
My whiskey LHS is 9C (and these are slightly looser than the BB LHS's; and took slightly longer to break in).
A 9D in the LHS has too much heel slippage for me.
post #34511 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stant62 View Post

In my experience, all Alden for BB shoes fit TTS regardless of the last.

I'd say their PTB fits very close to a Barrie in the same size, so size .5 down, rather than TTS.
post #34512 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalan View Post

I'd say their PTB fits very close to a Barrie in the same size, so size .5 down, rather than TTS.

Absolutely. Going tts is a mistake
post #34513 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalan View Post

I'd say their PTB fits very close to a Barrie in the same size, so size .5 down, rather than TTS.

Absolutely. Going tts is a mistake


I agree.  The Alden shell made for BB, PTB isn't quite as wide and round as the barrie last, but I would still go a half size down.

post #34514 of 122416
The Alden for BB PTB is on the M-58 last.
IMO, it is not quite as roomy as the Barrie, yet it is larger than TTS.
I am TTS 9.5D.
My Barrie size is 9D.
My M-58 size is 9.5C (a 9D is slightly too snug and a 9.5D is too roomy).
post #34515 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

The Alden for BB PTB is on the M-58 last.
IMO, it is not quite as roomy as the Barrie, yet it is larger than TTS.
I am TTS 9.5D.
My Barrie size is 9D.
My M-58 size is 9.5C (a 9D is slightly too snug and a 9.5D is too roomy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


I agree.  The Alden shell made for BB, PTB isn't quite as wide and round as the barrie last, but I would still go a half size down.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dac1LstK794&feature=youtube_gdata_player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.