would also be a great way to give a face lift to an old pair of Aldens
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 10:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2296post #34426 of 1224169/6/12 at 7:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34427 of 1224169/6/12 at 7:34pmpost #34428 of 1224169/6/12 at 7:56pmQuote:
I just received the ravello indy from frans boone and wasn't charged customs, a surcharge, conversion fee, or anything else other than their flat shipping rate. Also received excellent service and would order from again.post #34429 of 1224169/6/12 at 8:00pmpost #34430 of 1224169/6/12 at 8:09pmpost #34431 of 1224169/6/12 at 8:22pmQuote:
personally i love the crepe sole. I don't have it in shell but if fb still had my size in the cigar boot it would have been a very tough choice on what to get.
hahaha if only the euro was that beat up, i think i would go into debt buying up all the shoes and clothes i could! Ended up paying 780US when everything was said and done and i didn't give any special instruction. and yes it was fedex. The boot itself is fantastic, the batch of ravello came out amazing. I will take pictures tomorrow in sunlight and indoors and put them up.post #34432 of 1224169/6/12 at 8:30pmQuote:
How long did you wait for the shoe? My Cigar PTB should be in the pipeline soon, we need PICS! The newer shell seems lighter per some picture here.post #34433 of 1224169/6/12 at 8:32pmpost #34434 of 1224169/6/12 at 8:34pmpost #34435 of 1224169/6/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
I have two models with crepe sole (AWW, and ravello LWB from Alden of Carmel). I personally like it a lot - it's incredibly comfortable to walk on and provides good traction in a wide range of conditions. But it makes the shoes look extremely "chunky". That's not a bad thing, but it's a very particular thing. Whether you like it or not depends on how you plan on using the shoes.post #34436 of 1224169/6/12 at 9:05pmpost #34437 of 1224169/6/12 at 9:55pmpost #34438 of 1224169/6/12 at 10:21pmQuote:
It's a deal breaker for me personally. I wouldn't buy it. Some seem to really like the crepe sole though ......post #34439 of 1224169/6/12 at 10:26pm
I like the crepe sole. Got em on cigar shell beales. I wouldn't have chose it myself, but really wanted a pair of cigar shell. Turns out, it's more comfortable than the leather soles on my LWBs.
It's variety. Some people get the same shell color, some people like the same sole on everything. It's all good. Personally, I'm getting 1 shell in each color before doubling up and none of my shoes so far have the same sole. They each serve a different purpose.post #34440 of 1224169/6/12 at 10:28pmAnyone out there own the 2211 (black shell NST on the Aberdeen)? If so, what do you find yourself wearing them with mostly (e.g., gabardines, twills, jeans; dress or casual or both; etc.)? To not clog up the thread, a PM would be fine. Thanks fellas.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 58 seconds ago
- › Shoe purge. Saint Crispin's, Enzo Bonafè and Paraboot. 1 minute ago
- › What to do with this orphaned black tuxedo jacket? Photos included 3 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 14 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?