I use boot trees on my Truebalance boots, split toe tree for the Modified last shoes/boots, and full toe trees for the remaining.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2290
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34337 of 1224169/4/12 at 6:59pmpost #34338 of 1224169/4/12 at 7:19pmpost #34339 of 1224169/4/12 at 7:25pmSup SWD. This is like my 4th lifetime post on this side of the pond.
So, Im clueless about Alden and where to kop - obviously I want the least expensive prices around. Any dealers I should know about? Shoe Mart is looking too expensive.post #34340 of 1224169/4/12 at 7:31pm^ wowowowowow, the spoomeister. here?
Alden is hard to find on sale especially if there is a specific model you are after. the best value for Aldens is found on the shoe mart seconds emails list. Shell is $400 and calf is $300
call the shoe mart and ask to be put on their seconds list which comes out about every 4 months. not as good as they used to be but you can discover a few gemspost #34341 of 1224169/4/12 at 7:53pmanother option thats worked for some (myself included) is getting news of an imminent sale at either brooks bros. or J Crew and planning accordingly. Usually they remove aldens when a sale goes online, but if you place a pair in your cart the night before you may get lucky.post #34342 of 1224169/4/12 at 8:12pmpost #34343 of 1224169/4/12 at 8:16pmpost #34344 of 1224169/4/12 at 8:43pmpost #34345 of 1224169/4/12 at 8:46pmpost #34346 of 1224169/4/12 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by mcwilson07
This has probably been discussed but I can't really find a definitive answer. I really want a pair of unlined chukkas in snuff suede but I live in Seattle. I've heard that high quality full grained leather suede will hold up to the elements well as long as it is given a chance to dry. Is this generally true? I rarely find my shoes get soaked but they will get a little wet walking around and I will make sure to dry them before wearing them again (always give me shoes 24 hours in shoe trees anyway). Am I just throwing money away or getting stuck with a summer shoe here?
I live in Seattle and wear my unlined chukkas all the time. I find that I can easily wear these at least 6 months out of the year. I like my suede with a little wear though.
And when they get dirty:post #34347 of 1224169/4/12 at 9:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by FENWAY
Also went with #4 on the 4th, but with the Saddleback Leather BC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great looking briefcase and boots.
Is it their chestnut color breifcase, and is it their large size as well?post #34348 of 1224169/5/12 at 12:38ampost #34349 of 1224169/5/12 at 2:13ampost #34350 of 1224169/5/12 at 5:25amQuote:
North River Outfitter used to have 20% or 25% off sales that included Aldens, but they may have wised up as now almost all sales exclude them. And, their service is spotty at best, and downright horrible at worst, so sometimes the sales were barely worth it.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Currently, there are 919 Active Users (137 Members and 782 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Acne Snake Razor Black Jeans Sz 32 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 12 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...