Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 11:20 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2247post #33691 of 1224168/23/12 at 9:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33692 of 1224168/23/12 at 10:13pmpost #33693 of 1224168/23/12 at 10:30pmpost #33694 of 1224168/23/12 at 11:04pmpost #33695 of 1224168/24/12 at 3:42amQuote:Originally Posted by dubcbadass
This is a cross post from the thrift thread, but I scored these a few weeks ago. I am finally initiated (on a graduate student budget) and very happy about it. When I get a spare minute and a few dollas, I will buy some products and a horse hair brush and get to work on these mofos.
Nice score man! A good brushing will mike those look good as new.
I never find Alden at thrift shops up here in Canada; only Allen Edmonds...and never shellpost #33696 of 1224168/24/12 at 6:02ampost #33697 of 1224168/24/12 at 6:24ampost #33698 of 1224168/24/12 at 6:55ampost #33699 of 1224168/24/12 at 7:59amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
I have this shoe - wonderful. It is a single leather sole also.
Soon I will be sending my vintage Hanover black shell ptb's to BNelson (in need of restoration) to have them convert my standard sole, double leather, to the flex sole, single leather. They are lined, but they are so well broken in that they will feel almost exactly like my unlined color 8 PTBs.
From Nick at BNelson:
In addition to the Alden Waterloc I had some JR soles dipped by the same outfit. Essentially they are now JR Waterloc.
Just passing this along ...
As I've said before, Nick's work is great and he has been nothing but first-class to deal with.post #33700 of 1224168/24/12 at 9:08ampost #33701 of 1224168/24/12 at 9:15ampost #33702 of 1224168/24/12 at 9:51ampost #33703 of 1224168/24/12 at 9:53ampost #33704 of 1224168/24/12 at 9:57ampost #33705 of 1224168/24/12 at 10:00amQuote:
Once someone bids on it the Buy It Now goes away. Someone who is interested in them is not forced to pay the Buy It Now price, if they place a bid. It's just an option for someone who wants it at that price immediately.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 1681 Active Users (335 Members and 1346 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Oxford US Size 10 D roughout 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Alden X Epaulet "Bregenz" Alpine Grain NST Bluchers on Commando... 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 6 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?