Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:17 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2247post #33691 of 1224168/23/12 at 9:59pmpost #33692 of 1224168/23/12 at 10:13pmpost #33693 of 1224168/23/12 at 10:30pmpost #33694 of 1224168/23/12 at 11:04pmpost #33695 of 1224168/24/12 at 3:42amQuote:Originally Posted by dubcbadass
This is a cross post from the thrift thread, but I scored these a few weeks ago. I am finally initiated (on a graduate student budget) and very happy about it. When I get a spare minute and a few dollas, I will buy some products and a horse hair brush and get to work on these mofos.
Nice score man! A good brushing will mike those look good as new.
I never find Alden at thrift shops up here in Canada; only Allen Edmonds...and never shellpost #33696 of 1224168/24/12 at 6:02ampost #33697 of 1224168/24/12 at 6:24ampost #33698 of 1224168/24/12 at 6:55ampost #33699 of 1224168/24/12 at 7:59amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
I have this shoe - wonderful. It is a single leather sole also.
Soon I will be sending my vintage Hanover black shell ptb's to BNelson (in need of restoration) to have them convert my standard sole, double leather, to the flex sole, single leather. They are lined, but they are so well broken in that they will feel almost exactly like my unlined color 8 PTBs.
From Nick at BNelson:
In addition to the Alden Waterloc I had some JR soles dipped by the same outfit. Essentially they are now JR Waterloc.
Just passing this along ...
As I've said before, Nick's work is great and he has been nothing but first-class to deal with.post #33700 of 1224168/24/12 at 9:08ampost #33701 of 1224168/24/12 at 9:15ampost #33702 of 1224168/24/12 at 9:51ampost #33703 of 1224168/24/12 at 9:53ampost #33704 of 1224168/24/12 at 9:57ampost #33705 of 1224168/24/12 at 10:00amQuote:
Once someone bids on it the Buy It Now goes away. Someone who is interested in them is not forced to pay the Buy It Now price, if they place a bid. It's just an option for someone who wants it at that price immediately.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1352 Active Users (329 Members and 1023 Guests)
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gap 1969 Japanese Selvedge 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...