Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:50 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2234post #33496 of 1224168/21/12 at 12:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33497 of 1224168/21/12 at 12:39pmpost #33498 of 1224168/21/12 at 12:46pmpost #33499 of 1224168/21/12 at 12:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by ThomSquared
I'm an avid Barrie last guy with the hopes of transitioning into a Plaza last shoe... I'm normally a 10.5D and have done a little research and found that I may have to size up to 11D in the Plaza, is this the norm for most? I hope I can pull off Plaza, seems narrow as hell.
Both fit well.post #33500 of 1224168/21/12 at 12:50pmpost #33501 of 1224168/21/12 at 12:55pmpost #33502 of 1224168/21/12 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dbear
cigar indy on barrie
the barrie toe box is not as bulbous.
you might be right, but I would still insist its the tru-b.
later i will post my tankers on the barrie as a comparison.post #33503 of 1224168/21/12 at 1:02pmpost #33504 of 1224168/21/12 at 1:09pmQuote:
Just curious - what did the SA (or manager) say as to the last? Or are we not willing to defer to the SA/manager on this one?post #33505 of 1224168/21/12 at 1:14pm
^ SA said it was barrie, several times. I was expecting TB. So, I asked. Asked again, then tried it on. Felt like a barrie, but who knows, toe is too "bulbous" to be barrie. Couldn't it be the angle tho, I pressed my iphone pretty close to take the pic...post #33506 of 1224168/21/12 at 1:24pmMy personal brushing method is brush enthusiastically for a good while, and then, at the end of focusing on a certain area, I brush circularly, very lightly. Otherwise, the horsehair leaves little lines in the oils raised by brushing. If you buff after brushing, you probably don't have to worry about this.post #33507 of 1224168/21/12 at 1:32pmQuote:
The store manager just emailed me. It is the Barrie.
BTW, said store manager - Jim - is great to deal with.post #33508 of 1224168/21/12 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguyQuote:
The store manager just emailed me. It is the Barrie.
BTW, said store manager - Jim - is great to deal with.
yeah, Jim is great.
the whole staff there is pretty awesome.
I once bought a pair of wingtip boots from alden nyc which they told me repeatedly was on the grant last. not long after, i went back to talk about the fit and they told me they were they had been misinformed by the factory and they are on the barrie.post #33509 of 1224168/21/12 at 1:55pmBy the way, the shoes that are my icon are barrie lasted indy boots (known as the chemist boot from blackbird). Those were most definitely on the barrie and did not have the bulbous toe.
http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Alden_Chemist_Boot_21042.htmlpost #33510 of 1224168/21/12 at 1:56pmQuote:Quote:
To all that commented on my post about brushing too hard - I was responding to the post above (what I should have added is in all my years I've never seen anyone scratch shell using a horsehair brush)
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Helmut Lang Camel Coat, Size 50 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...