Welcome, and congrats on the nice purchases! The chukkas look great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 8:50 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2187post #32792 of 1224168/4/12 at 10:10pmpost #32793 of 1224168/4/12 at 10:12pmpost #32794 of 1224168/5/12 at 12:47ampost #32795 of 1224168/5/12 at 12:50ampost #32796 of 1224168/5/12 at 12:51ampost #32797 of 1224168/5/12 at 1:12am
Such a great lookin' boot. Headed out to the bay area in two weeks...so tempted to pick up something like this when I'm there.
I really shouldn't...but it's calling my name...
Regardless, I'm definitely stopping by to check out Alden SF in person.
Edited by forsan - 8/5/12 at 1:23pmpost #32798 of 1224168/5/12 at 5:36ampost #32799 of 1224168/5/12 at 8:26ampost #32800 of 1224168/5/12 at 8:26ampost #32801 of 1224168/5/12 at 11:44amQuote:
Jim at Alden SF is great to work with.
I have the captoe boot in color 8 - mine are on the Grant Last from TSM. I was hesitant at first to buy them (wondering if they would get enough use). I'm very happy with them - and they can be dressed up or down quite easily.
The wt boots are great as well.post #32802 of 1224168/5/12 at 11:52amQuote:
As I type they are on my feet - Ravello.
I was indifferent to chukkas (regardless of maker) until I acquired my first Alden shell chukka (cigar). I liked them so much it led to the rainbow (and a lighter wallet!!), and the rest is history .....
They are very versatile. I dress them up with everything short of suits, and also dress them down with jeans, etc. With pant leg down they look just like the ptb.post #32803 of 1224168/5/12 at 12:05pmpost #32804 of 1224168/5/12 at 12:30pmpost #32805 of 1224168/5/12 at 1:36pmQuote:
Since you already have 2 pairs of chukkas, I would recommend something a little different such as an LWB. Ideally Cigar or Whiskey would be great if you can find it in stock in your size somewhere. Or if you want to stick with boots, then a wingtip boot would be a nice choice.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1295 Active Users (342 Members and 953 Guests)
- › *Official*! Trump's Reelection Campaign 40 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 47 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway