Welcome, and congrats on the nice purchases! The chukkas look great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2187
Styleforum Top Picks
post #32792 of 122416
8/4/12 at 10:10pm
post #32793 of 122416
8/4/12 at 10:12pm
post #32794 of 122416
8/5/12 at 12:47am
post #32795 of 122416
8/5/12 at 12:50am
post #32796 of 122416
8/5/12 at 12:51am
post #32797 of 122416
8/5/12 at 1:12am
Such a great lookin' boot. Headed out to the bay area in two weeks...so tempted to pick up something like this when I'm there.
I really shouldn't...but it's calling my name...
Regardless, I'm definitely stopping by to check out Alden SF in person.
Edited by forsan - 8/5/12 at 1:23pm
post #32798 of 122416
8/5/12 at 5:36am
post #32799 of 122416
8/5/12 at 8:26am
post #32800 of 122416
8/5/12 at 8:26am
post #32801 of 122416
8/5/12 at 11:44am
Jim at Alden SF is great to work with.
I have the captoe boot in color 8 - mine are on the Grant Last from TSM. I was hesitant at first to buy them (wondering if they would get enough use). I'm very happy with them - and they can be dressed up or down quite easily.
The wt boots are great as well.
post #32802 of 122416
8/5/12 at 11:52am
As I type they are on my feet - Ravello.
I was indifferent to chukkas (regardless of maker) until I acquired my first Alden shell chukka (cigar). I liked them so much it led to the rainbow (and a lighter wallet!!), and the rest is history .....
They are very versatile. I dress them up with everything short of suits, and also dress them down with jeans, etc. With pant leg down they look just like the ptb.
post #32803 of 122416
8/5/12 at 12:05pm
post #32804 of 122416
8/5/12 at 12:30pm
post #32805 of 122416
8/5/12 at 1:36pm
Since you already have 2 pairs of chukkas, I would recommend something a little different such as an LWB. Ideally Cigar or Whiskey would be great if you can find it in stock in your size somewhere. Or if you want to stick with boots, then a wingtip boot would be a nice choice.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
This thread is locked
Currently, there are 1499 Active Users (345 Members and 1154 Guests)
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 12 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 39 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 6 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...