Gotta love the Modified last . . .
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:46 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2172
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32567 of 1224167/29/12 at 3:49pmQuote:
I acknowledge this, but what I was saying was in regard to the supposed shortage of shells of high enough quality to produce those lighter shades. There has been discussion on this thread of whiskey and ravello not being produced for the near term because Horween can't source shells of high enough quality to dye them the lighter shades, because of what you mentioned. In other words, the shells that they are getting have too many imperfections to be used to make ravello and whiskey.
Perhaps... That's how he represented it when he said it to me, as hearsay. I just thought it made sense.Quote:
It was my understanding that the horses are raised and slaughtered for the meat, and that the hide is just a by product. Maybe they are giving the horses hormones so that they grow bigger/faster and yield more meat in a shorter amount of time, thus increasing the profits of the horse meat business. This is done with livestock and poultry in the USA, but thats another conversation all together.
Not saying that this is definitely what is happening with the horses in France and Canada, just saying maybe it could be.
I hope that I have articulated myself more effectively this time, and am not causing any further confusion.
Edit: Think about when a person gains a lot of weight in a short amount of time and they get stretch marks on their skin. Same concept.
Edited by Bakes11771 - 7/29/12 at 4:06pmpost #32568 of 1224167/29/12 at 4:48pmPlease don't take this the wrong way, but who cares what's causing the light color shell shortage? There aren't a lot of ravello, whiskey and cigar Aldens in the immediate future - if that information will somehow inform how you approach the upcoming week, great. Otherwise, does it make any difference if it's part of a grand conspiracy or it's due to fat horses with stretch marks on their asses?
Since Rob got to rant earlier I figure it's ok for me too...post #32569 of 1224167/29/12 at 5:07pmpost #32570 of 1224167/29/12 at 5:07pmNot sure if these have been posted (about 550 post behind) but these are amazing. #8 Parajumpers from Frans Boone. Comes out to standard boot price given the low Euro.
Captoe boots fit the same as laceups right? Or is it tighter like wingtip boots. 10.5D is gone already but think I can do 10Dpost #32571 of 1224167/29/12 at 5:22pmpost #32572 of 1224167/29/12 at 5:33pmpost #32573 of 1224167/29/12 at 5:37pmpost #32574 of 1224167/29/12 at 5:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
Not sure if these have been posted (about 550 post behind) but these are amazing. #8 Parajumpers from Frans Boone. Comes out to standard boot price given the low Euro.
Captoe boots fit the same as laceups right? Or is it tighter like wingtip boots. 10.5D is gone already but think I can do 10D
Be careful here - it all depends on the last.
This boot very closely resembles the Alden 4060 (which I have). The 4060 is on the Grant Last (one of Alden's very few offerings on the Grant last). The Grant Last is TTS. If I would have sized down at all, it would be too small.
But a great boot nonetheless .....post #32575 of 1224167/29/12 at 6:02pmpost #32576 of 1224167/29/12 at 6:07pmpost #32577 of 1224167/29/12 at 6:27pmpost #32578 of 1224167/29/12 at 6:34pmpost #32579 of 1224167/29/12 at 6:41pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 15 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cleaning Vintage Leather Moto Jacket WITHOUT re-dye? Also - stitch... 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › LVC 1955 jeans 5 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?