Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2152post #32266 of 1224167/20/12 at 4:39am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32267 of 1224167/20/12 at 7:17ampost #32268 of 1224167/20/12 at 7:31ampost #32269 of 1224167/20/12 at 8:29amQuote:
This was only a matter of time, what with Alden's continuously growing reputation, exposure via menswear blogs, and even all the people who pop into this thread with a "noob" sizing question. Price hikes each year too - Alden will milk it for all they can, relying on their exclusivity and "shell shortages" to up the frenzy even further.post #32270 of 1224167/20/12 at 8:34amQuote:
Don't have the actual article but at that price I am guessing it is from the Tramezza line, which I think is primarily made using GY. Blake, or even Blake-rapid construction factors in the price; however I think leather upper type and quality is a stronger predictor.Quote:
I think shoes have always been trendypost #32271 of 1224167/20/12 at 8:39amQuote:
I mean, it's possible, I've dyed shoes before for a change-of-pace, however, it takes a lot of preparation (i.e., stripping the older dye) and patience to get the right color. I recommend exercise caution and do some research. Ron Rider has a thread that goes over this process.post #32272 of 1224167/20/12 at 8:55ampost #32273 of 1224167/20/12 at 8:58amQuote:
I personally wouldn't do it. The likelihood of a disaster is greater than the likelihood of achieving the exact color you want. Having said that, a few years back I "changed" the color of a pair of captoe bals from Peal & Co. (from medium brown to dark brown) by using black shoe cream/polish instead of brown. But doing the same thing to burnished tan seems like a much more difficult task, IMO.post #32274 of 1224167/20/12 at 9:34ampost #32275 of 1224167/20/12 at 10:17amAnyone own this shoe? Looks like a great wet weather option...
http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Bryant_Derosa_Wingtip_in_Smooth_Tobacco_Chamois_3213.htmlpost #32276 of 1224167/20/12 at 10:23amQuote:
I really like this shoe a lot and it seems like it would be a great addition to my rotation, but Unionmade usually only stocks D widths. Anyone know if they allow pre-orders for odd sizes? I'd also be interested to hear any reviews from someone who owns it.post #32277 of 1224167/20/12 at 10:31ampost #32278 of 1224167/20/12 at 11:19amQuote:
I came close to ordering but I am not familiar with the smooth tobacco chamois, or how to care for it. It's a very nice and tempting makeup though.post #32279 of 1224167/20/12 at 12:19pmQuote:
I am a BIG fan of these. They have worn very well on some very sloppy NY days! I have also worn them sockless with shorts on a few sunny days.post #32280 of 1224167/20/12 at 2:21pmQuote:
I was actually thinking about doing the same exact thing with that model. Not having the guts to do it myself, I did contact the guys at B Nelson about whether it was possible and if they would do so. Needless to say, they do for about $70. Please let me know how it turns out -- if you do it.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Wesco Boots! 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos lupo polos, sweaters 50% off 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 32 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 33 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 34 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?