it is on the plaza last
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2150post #32237 of 1224167/19/12 at 12:52pm
Yeah Im happy with these. They fill a needed spot next to my 403s and Jcrew no. 8 cap toes. I like the different personality each one has.
The eyelets are DIY. I like eyelets, I think they "bulk", "toughen up" the boot if you happen to want that. Of course the boot is beautiful in its original state but I just wanted to get crazy with them hence the blue eyelets. Blasphemous perhaps?
Edited by bateleur - 7/19/12 at 1:06pmpost #32238 of 1224167/19/12 at 1:24pmpost #32239 of 1224167/19/12 at 1:37pmpost #32240 of 1224167/19/12 at 2:11pmpost #32241 of 1224167/19/12 at 2:17pm
Yes uncle, New York Historical. Wonderful exhibit on beer, picked the wrong time to go gluten free. The 18 minute short on NY's history was also nice. Most of the time though i was in the bowels of the place working on projects for next year.
It opened on 11/11/11 after 3 years of being closed, and since Ken Jackson took over (I think its Ken Jackson) it really has moved from the "white peoples NYHS" to a real NYHS. Might even make MCoNY obsolete, though if they combined forces, what a place that would be. As far as being a Yankee fan, Uncle and Saz, no one is perfect...
Thanks for all the comments on these. I thought I'd have to wait for fall to break them out, but I was glad I got them in, they are BEAUTIFUL!post #32242 of 1224167/19/12 at 2:21pmQuote:
Are you saying the ravello longwing you mention here has come and gone?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/27780#post_5434032post #32243 of 1224167/19/12 at 3:19pmpost #32244 of 1224167/19/12 at 3:20pmpost #32245 of 1224167/19/12 at 3:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by amftx
Are you saying the ravello longwing you mention here has come and gone?
Yes. I'm not positive, but I think it was gone before I'd first mentioned it.post #32246 of 1224167/19/12 at 4:54pm
My Barrie-lasted PCT calf boots arrived today. They're my first Barrie's and having Modified last boots that fit me perfectly, I was really hoping that a Barrie would work for me. And these are definitely keepers. Which opens a much wider world of boots to pick from now. I do have to say that I still think the ML fits me the best. The Barrie's are little snug across the instep for me (an E width might have done the trick) but being calfskin, I'm hoping they'll mold to my feet over time. Then again, I'm not sure I want any more width in these Barrie's at the heel. That's why the Modified last is so perfect to me. Looking at both the lasts and strictly from a looks standpoint, I prefer the looks and shape of the Barrie.
No comments on my dirty jeans please (I'm in the middle of a six-month project now).post #32247 of 1224167/19/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
Very nice NYR! These will be on my boot bucket list.
It's 88F here today and I'm wearing my boots as well, and have been even when it was over 100F a few days ago.post #32248 of 1224167/19/12 at 5:48pmpost #32249 of 1224167/19/12 at 5:51pmpost #32250 of 1224167/19/12 at 5:54pmQuote:
I should be specific—by LWB I mean longwing bluchers, not the boots. Yeah, I mean, I have other pairs of nice shoes (Crockett & Jones, Allen Edmonds, et cetera), but the cigar LWB is like my holy grail shoe, and I figured what better time that now, right?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...