Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2113
Styleforum Top Picks
My #8 Cordovan Captoes from J. Gilbert arrived yesterday, although they made an unexplained trip to China after crossing the border to Canada. Fresh out of the box:
I'm so relieved they fit as well as they do - feels like they'll break in great! Quality of materials and workmanship seems first class all the way through... The Plaza last works well on a boot and the 'chisel' leaves room for the little toes on my wider than average foot (These are 10.5 D).
Big thumbs up to Yenni at J. Gilbert for good communication during the sale, especially since I live about 1300km from their store in Seattle! Now to save for next year's Alden purchase
That looks like an especially nice shade of #8. Rich.
A true statement, IMO. It also does the same for cigar, but cigar looks wonderful with antique edging. So, in coordinating things with Nick V., I had him darken the welt, but leave the edging as is. The finished product was a very nice compromise. Now, looking at the shoe from the top down, it definitely has a dressier look, IMO.
Hi Nick! I have some new Whiskey LWB's and Chukka's coming. I tend to wear the toes on the double soled loafers and have had recessed metal toe taps placed in those. Do you think I should do the same with these lace ups? Haven't worn a lace up in quite some time. I wear these lace ups a little larger to allow for toe room whereby the loafers I wear 1/2 size down and the toes are at the front of the toe box, more of a moccasin fit. Maybe this explains the excessive toe wear durning break-in. Your thoughts? I would be happy to send them to you for recessed taps... you charge ? for that service. Thanks so much, you are so kind to answer all these questions on this site! Good man!
Thanks all... it really is a rich, plum-like shade. Will be interesting to see how it develops over the years. It's silly but I love the flat laces & high number of eyelets on Alden boots.
Now to find a cordovan-esque belt!
I think that is why I like it, although I believe the ravello LWB from AoC has a crepe sole, which I'm not sold on. Where did you get ravello PTBs, by the way?
I got my Ravello PTBs at Alden SF about a month ago, was their last pair I believe. Keep your eye out for these, it's seriously my favorite pair of my 10-12 pairs of Aldens!
Mind revealing cost of flush metal toe taps? Looks great BTW.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 54 seconds ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Loden Coat in NYC 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories