or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 212  

post #3166 of 122416
Tom, any updates on the opening date for the Beverly Hills store?
post #3167 of 122416
I think I've been seduced into splurging on my first pair of Aldens. But I'm a bit confused about how to figure out my size. I hear all this talk of different lasts and apparently for some lasts I need to size down from my ordinary size (10.5). But most websites don't list the last that of the shoe being sold. Ought I to just order a pair and see if they fit? What's the return etiquette on $500+ shoes? Considering that these shoes are obscenely expensive (I've never bought shoes over about $125 before), I'm a bit nervous about ordering them online.

Alternatively, I suppose I could attempt trying some on in person, but I don't know where they're sold near me (I live in Irvine, CA).

Any Alden groupies have recommendations?
post #3168 of 122416
Go to Brooks Brothers to try some on. All of their shell cordo is Alden: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatS...Section_Id=225 A lot of their calfskin is Alden too - you just have to ask which ones.
post #3169 of 122416
Been hunting around for any pictures of the Roy Boots. Do any of you own them, any opinions on them thus far? My size has been elusive for quite some time but I hear that they will do another issue soon. Be nice to get some feedback on it as I really dig the chrome leather and plain toe w/ an alternative to leather sole.
post #3170 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by humeee View Post
I think I've been seduced into splurging on my first pair of Aldens. But I'm a bit confused about how to figure out my size. I hear all this talk of different lasts and apparently for some lasts I need to size down from my ordinary size (10.5). But most websites don't list the last that of the shoe being sold. Ought I to just order a pair and see if they fit? What's the return etiquette on $500+ shoes? Considering that these shoes are obscenely expensive (I've never bought shoes over about $125 before), I'm a bit nervous about ordering them online.

Alternatively, I suppose I could attempt trying some on in person, but I don't know where they're sold near me (I live in Irvine, CA).

Any Alden groupies have recommendations?

Maybe go to a decent shoe store and get your foot measured on a brannock device to get your true size and width.

From there you can check - http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/fitting.htm for some ideas on how the different lasts will fit you.

Most of the Alden stockists mentioned in this thread would be more than willing to work with you on getting the right size.
post #3171 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
Maybe go to a decent shoe store and get your foot measured on a brannock device to get your true size and width.

From there you can check - http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/fitting.htm for some ideas on how the different lasts will fit you.

Most of the Alden stockists mentioned in this thread would be more than willing to work with you on getting the right size.
+1 Listen to Dexter_
post #3172 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesduc View Post
Okay, I've got an idea for a make-up and wanted to see what you all thought. Basically the Plaza wingtip boot in #8 with the following features:

1. Single leather oak sole
2. Close heel welt
3. Blind eyelets all the way up
4.Pinking
5. No punching in the leather. Like the Vass austerity brogue.

Opinions?

Alden doesn't have that pattern unfortunately. I love the austerity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonB27 View Post
Tom, any updates on the opening date for the Beverly Hills store?

Looking to soft open first week of May.
post #3173 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post
Looking to soft open first week of May.
Ahhhhh....I see you are moving to http://www.lsfootwear.com/ in preparation.

Also I know several people were looking for a #8 shell boot on something sleeker than the Barrie last. Looks like Tom has them on the Plaza last now.



http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...za-dress-boot/
post #3174 of 122416
Good pictures of the Roy Boot have proven to be impossible to find in the wild. They're like Bigfoot--the few pics that have emerged are grainy and nondescript. I'm still not convinced they exist.

Happy hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero79 View Post
Been hunting around for any pictures of the Roy Boots.
post #3175 of 122416
[quote=LeatherSOUL;3064105]Alden doesn't have that pattern unfortunately. I love the austerity.

Hi Tom, why would they need a pattern ? Couldn't they just cut the pattern and then not do the hole punching? Not being contrary, just curious. Mike

I am truly saddened by this news BTW.
post #3176 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Good pictures of the Roy Boot have proven to be impossible to find in the wild. They're like Bigfoot--the few pics that have emerged are grainy and nondescript. I'm still not convinced they exist.

Happy hunting.

will throw up pics as soon as mine arrive. Been waiting for ages for the 2nd drop. If you check some of context's pics you can see a model wearing them with various pants.
post #3177 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesduc View Post
Hi Tom, why would they need a pattern ? Couldn't they just cut the pattern and then not do the hole punching? Not being contrary, just curious. Mike

I am truly saddened by this news BTW.

Their wingtip cutting patterns all have the pinking on them. Alden isn't set up like a smaller shoemaker who can easily change patterns.
post #3178 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post
Their wingtip cutting patterns all have the pinking on them. Alden isn't set up like a smaller shoemaker who can easily change patterns.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Any idea on the next run of the Plaza Wingtip?
post #3179 of 122416
I've seen the context models wearing them w/their Wings & Horns gear and they look nice. But the context site isn't 'the wild' and we're not getting the details and close-up's and, well, first person analysis that can be found for many other shoes on this site.

Looking forward to your pics when the boots arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling green View Post
will throw up pics as soon as mine arrive. Been waiting for ages for the 2nd drop. If you check some of context's pics you can see a model wearing them with various pants.
post #3180 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TasselsHongKong View Post
We kicked off the Alden 125th Anniversary Celebration by launching the Ravello Shell Cordovan "Hunting Boot" which sold out within a week.




Breathtaking. I need a pair.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.