Those are Indys - Red Wing, as far as I know, does not use the pinkish cork sole.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2099post #31471 of 1224167/2/12 at 9:16ampost #31472 of 1224167/2/12 at 10:00amQuote:
NRO definitely isn't the quickest....but your order should be shipping out soon, unless they are using the US holiday this week as an excuse to take even longer. However, with a working 25% off code on Aldens it's tough to complain, although I still do the same thing because I'm impatient too when ordering a stock shoepost #31473 of 1224167/2/12 at 10:21amQuote:
mine do not jingle. tell you colleague you are role modeling for the ceopost #31474 of 1224167/2/12 at 10:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
NRO definitely isn't the quickest....but your order should be shipping out soon, unless they are using the US holiday this week as an excuse to take even longer. However, with a working 25% off code on Aldens it's tough to complain, although I still do the same thing because I'm impatient too when ordering a stock shoe
I'm a bit torn between "Holy cow, I got a great deal on a pair of Indy boots!" and "Assembled? Put the damn boots in a box and ship them!"post #31475 of 1224167/2/12 at 10:24amQuote:Originally Posted by mr chorizo
Leather Soul black shortwings...a la casual.
These hit the spot for what I was going for...a dressy black shoe that not only serves the obvious business purpose but that can also elevate and anchor a more casual look.
French blue slim trousers today
EDIT: excuse the granny knots.
enjoy wearing in good healthpost #31476 of 1224167/2/12 at 10:35ampost #31477 of 1224167/2/12 at 10:36amQuote:
Right on. I thought it was this.
Looked similar with the closed heel, but comparing them side-by-side the stitching, and as you mentioned the cork is different. I get what he is saying now, it doesn't have a slip in the box saying "inspected by 76" or anything like that.post #31478 of 1224167/2/12 at 10:52ampost #31479 of 1224167/2/12 at 11:03amQuote:
No worries. I think the universal language here is Alden. That photo pretty much says it all, anyway. Have you considered talking with the store you bought the Indy's from? These look brand new. If they are like this right out of the box, I'd start there. If this happened even close to when they were brand new, I'd still try there. Don't know if that's something a local cobbler can fix (looks like it might be), but even if so you don't deserve to have to pay extra for the boot to be wearable.
Edited by FrankCowperwood - 7/2/12 at 11:52ampost #31480 of 1224167/2/12 at 11:10amQuote:
I placed an order of shoes and trees on 6/26. On 6/27 I received an email telling me my shoes were 10 weeks out. I cancelled the shoe order via reply email on 6/27 and asked that they send my trees - and I specifically asked for an email acknowledgement. Didn't get one. I emailed again on 6/29 asking the status of the order and to confirm they received my cancellation. Still no response. I checked my cc and saw that it was charged - just for the trees - on 6/28. I still have no idea if they have shipped?? Curious, if nothing else.post #31481 of 1224167/2/12 at 12:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguyQuote:
I placed an order of shoes and trees on 6/26. On 6/27 I received an email telling me my shoes were 10 weeks out. I cancelled the shoe order via reply email on 6/27 and asked that they send my trees - and I specifically asked for an email acknowledgement. Didn't get one. I emailed again on 6/29 asking the status of the order and to confirm they received my cancellation. Still no response. I checked my cc and saw that it was charged - just for the trees - on 6/28. I still have no idea if they have shipped?? Curious, if nothing else.
they do not reply to emails.
i've only received replies by calling.post #31482 of 1224167/2/12 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
If your wingtip is a longwing - it is on the Barrie last. Your captoes will be on a different last (most likely Aberdeen last; basically a guarantee they are on a non-Barrie last). You may very well need a 9.5 in the longwing if 10 is your usual size. You should be able to find good advice by running a few searches on SF for information on how the various Alden lasts fit. While there is certainly room for disagreement over how the various lasts fit, or should fit, most Alden fans would advise that you size 1/2 size down when going from your usual size to a Barrie lasted shoe.
Thanks, according to their web site, it is the Tremont last. I went ahead and ordered a pair of 10 D, and put the 10.5s on eBay.post #31483 of 1224167/2/12 at 12:25pmpost #31484 of 1224167/2/12 at 12:30pmQuote:
Then you must have the shortwing balmoral. This model is one of very few made on the Tremont. For the Tremont, some size down 1/2 size from their usual size and some don't. So it is possible you may need a 9.5. Good luck with the 10D.post #31485 of 1224167/2/12 at 12:45pmA quick Alden story: I recently suffered a minor health crisis that resulted in an ambulance ride to an ER. As the EMTs were wheeling me out of the ambulance, one of them noticed my Alden x LS snuff suede wingtip boots and said, "sweet boots man". It was nice thing to hear as I was rolling along on the gurney, feeling weak as a kitten.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 23 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 52 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum App? Styleforum would get a huge marketing boost and... 5 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Locate Tailor 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 10 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...