or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2078  

post #31156 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxm View Post

I've only had good experiences with NRO. To reiterate, they have a 25% off code right now- "USA" running through 7/1. Thinking about pulling the trigger on the cigar LHS.

Is this about as discounted as Aldens go? I'm interested in a pair of #8 or Chromexcel Indys at some point, or maybe a pair of ankle boots, but I'm pretty strapped for cash.
post #31157 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post


Is this about as discounted as Aldens go? I'm interested in a pair of #8 or Chromexcel Indys at some point, or maybe a pair of ankle boots, but I'm pretty strapped for cash.

 

Just about. NRO is one of the VERY FEW retailers that apply discounts to Aldens.

post #31158 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post

 

Just about. NRO is one of the VERY FEW retailers that apply discounts to Aldens.

 

 

I recently received a promo gift card from J Crew. Worked fine on an Alden order. 

post #31159 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Really? They seemed to right the situation and the man's getting his shoes. They're allowed to make a mistake, and they are not screwing the guy over here....
Let's not forget, he ordered the wrong size to begin with. I've certainly seen poorer service from Theshoemart than this.

Good point here, they are fixing the mix-up - although it was a pretty egregious mistake they made by shipping my shoes to the wrong person. I was really lucky that the woman who happened to receive my shoes was nice enough to call me and also call NRO and ship the shoes back to them. If someone else got my shoes by mistake and decided to just keep them and not say anything, I would have been stuck dealing with NRO, trying to convince them to eat that loss and ship me a brand new pair....not sure what they would have done in that situation.

Having said all that, now that there's another 25% off sale, I am debating getting another pair, just because it's so rare to find Aldens at 25% off. This time I would only order a pair where I was already 100% certain of my size in the last that it's on.
post #31160 of 122416
If you can wait til Christmas, Jcrew had a pretty wicked sale last year. Started at like 20% off and ended at 40%, which was insane. Also I think the official stance is that their coupons don't work on Alden's, but they certainly worked at that time.
post #31161 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

If you can wait til Christmas, Jcrew had a pretty wicked sale last year. Started at like 20% off and ended at 40%, which was insane. Also I think the official stance is that their coupons don't work on Alden's, but they certainly worked at that time.

 

I didn't want to wait that long plus, the promo gift card I received was only good until the end of July. 

post #31162 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

If you can wait til Christmas, Jcrew had a pretty wicked sale last year. Started at like 20% off and ended at 40%, which was insane. Also I think the official stance is that their coupons don't work on Alden's, but they certainly worked at that time.

They now remove many In Good Company items from the website around sale time. If you want to game it, try keeping the Aldens you want in your cart at all times and wait for a sale. That's supposedly the only way it works now.
post #31163 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxm View Post

I've only had good experiences with NRO. To reiterate, they have a 25% off code right now- "USA" running through 7/1. Thinking about pulling the trigger on the cigar LHS.

This is great news - might just be the time to pick up a Barbour Bedale too for fall/winter! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #31164 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

Is this about as discounted as Aldens go? I'm interested in a pair of #8 or Chromexcel Indys at some point, or maybe a pair of ankle boots, but I'm pretty strapped for cash.

This is as good as it gets. I would get some cordovan but everything is too big (I'm a 7.5D Trubalance - FAKKKK damn small feet)
post #31165 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

This is as good as it gets. I would get some cordovan but everything is too big (I'm a 7.5D Trubalance - FAKKKK damn small feet)

It might be worth checking with them to see if they can get your size. I needed a 12.5 in the unlined chukka, which wasn't listed on their website, but they're sending me the 12.5 as we speak. If there is something that you know is a stock size with Alden, it may be worth it to see if they have it, even if it isn't listed online.
post #31166 of 122416

Anybody have feedback on the Mocc Toe Bluchers in either Tar Brown (7118S) or Dark Brown Suede (7119S)? Both look super comfortable for weekends. Conventional wisdom to go TTS on the Leydon, right (I know AoC says it runs TTS)?

post #31167 of 122416

Girlfriend at home just sent me a pic of my newly arrived Ravello NST's. 5:00 needs to come faster.

Tr3jc.jpg

post #31168 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

Girlfriend at home just sent me a pic of my newly arrived Ravello NST's. 5:00 needs to come faster.

350x261px-LL-759ad7a9_Tr3jc.jpeg

That's so hot.
post #31169 of 122416
looks like she tried on the right shoe already... =P
post #31170 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

Girlfriend at home just sent me a pic of my newly arrived Ravello NST's. 5:00 needs to come faster.

350x261px-LL-759ad7a9_Tr3jc.jpeg

I never get pictures sent. I get, "Seriously? More shoes?"smile.gif But those look great!
Edited by mothball - 6/26/12 at 3:12pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.