Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2061
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30902 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:32ampost #30903 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:35ampost #30904 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:36ampost #30906 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:44ampost #30907 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:48ampost #30908 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:49ampost #30909 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:54ampost #30911 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:59amQuote:Originally Posted by thebeebs
We break the frenetic momentum of nerds arguing over return policies in an anonymous internet chat room to bring you the detailed whiskey monk photos you requested.
By the way, these are 9.5E, which in Aberdeen works really well for those of us who typically wear Barrie-type lasts.
Wow great. thanks for the pics. Hows the fit? are they roomy like a Chukka because you are only strapped in high on the vamp? Or are they secure?
I'm on the fence between this monk and the whiskey cap toe bal.post #30912 of 1224166/23/12 at 11:01ampost #30913 of 1224166/23/12 at 11:07amJust wanted to add my two cents into this whole discussion. Honestly, AoC's return policy isn't my favorite. However, Adam himself inspects the shoes and has very high standards. I was looking to order some cigar longwings from him a couple weeks back. He checked them out and told me the vamps we're noticeably different and said he would sell them as irregulars. I told him I would pass and he let me know a new shipment would be arriving soon, which they did, and they are currently en route to me. What happened to the irregulars? Well, he posted them up for a decent discount and they were gone to a happy home the next day.
Whether you like AoC's policies or not, you are at least fully informed as a buyer. There is no hiding the ball.
Also, the fact that we don't see guys on this forum blasting AoC about a pair of poor quality shoes they received and could not return is probably indicative of the fact that Adam is not putting poor quality goods into unsuspecting buyers hands.
Just my thoughts.
I look forward to sharing pics of the longwings and unlined ptb's I have coming in this week.post #30914 of 1224166/23/12 at 11:13amfinally arrived after customs procedere Alden x J. Gilbert Saddles No. 4
I must mention Yenni, what a sweet and nice person at J. Gilbert. Patient, always very helpful in any ways - great experience.
Asked for flat waxed laces for my Indys - expect to pay for of course - found them free of charge in the box as a complement free of charge.
Although these saddles are well known i would like to tease you with some pics - while i am sitting on a sunny day in my garden with a faboulos Gin & Tonic made of Tanqueray No. 10 and Fantimans Tonic - what a beautiful day mates
Joachimpost #30915 of 1224166/23/12 at 11:18amQuote:
Extremely roomy, and they slip on/off just like a loafer, except you can tighten/loosen easily, meaning you don't have to find a pair with as precise of a fit as you'd have to get with a loafer. I have the exact same shoe in a chukka, and they are equally comfy IMO.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Rudy pants size 32 navy and charcoal gray (unworn) 16 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 18 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 26 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 41 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 42 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.