Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2061post #30902 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:32ampost #30903 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:35ampost #30904 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:36ampost #30906 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:44ampost #30907 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:48ampost #30908 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:49ampost #30909 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:54ampost #30911 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:59amQuote:Originally Posted by thebeebs
We break the frenetic momentum of nerds arguing over return policies in an anonymous internet chat room to bring you the detailed whiskey monk photos you requested.
By the way, these are 9.5E, which in Aberdeen works really well for those of us who typically wear Barrie-type lasts.
Wow great. thanks for the pics. Hows the fit? are they roomy like a Chukka because you are only strapped in high on the vamp? Or are they secure?
I'm on the fence between this monk and the whiskey cap toe bal.post #30912 of 1224166/23/12 at 11:01ampost #30913 of 1224166/23/12 at 11:07amJust wanted to add my two cents into this whole discussion. Honestly, AoC's return policy isn't my favorite. However, Adam himself inspects the shoes and has very high standards. I was looking to order some cigar longwings from him a couple weeks back. He checked them out and told me the vamps we're noticeably different and said he would sell them as irregulars. I told him I would pass and he let me know a new shipment would be arriving soon, which they did, and they are currently en route to me. What happened to the irregulars? Well, he posted them up for a decent discount and they were gone to a happy home the next day.
Whether you like AoC's policies or not, you are at least fully informed as a buyer. There is no hiding the ball.
Also, the fact that we don't see guys on this forum blasting AoC about a pair of poor quality shoes they received and could not return is probably indicative of the fact that Adam is not putting poor quality goods into unsuspecting buyers hands.
Just my thoughts.
I look forward to sharing pics of the longwings and unlined ptb's I have coming in this week.post #30914 of 1224166/23/12 at 11:13amfinally arrived after customs procedere Alden x J. Gilbert Saddles No. 4
I must mention Yenni, what a sweet and nice person at J. Gilbert. Patient, always very helpful in any ways - great experience.
Asked for flat waxed laces for my Indys - expect to pay for of course - found them free of charge in the box as a complement free of charge.
Although these saddles are well known i would like to tease you with some pics - while i am sitting on a sunny day in my garden with a faboulos Gin & Tonic made of Tanqueray No. 10 and Fantimans Tonic - what a beautiful day mates
Joachimpost #30915 of 1224166/23/12 at 11:18amQuote:
Extremely roomy, and they slip on/off just like a loafer, except you can tighten/loosen easily, meaning you don't have to find a pair with as precise of a fit as you'd have to get with a loafer. I have the exact same shoe in a chukka, and they are equally comfy IMO.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Avon Celli/Cruciani/Borrelli 100% cashmere sweaters 11 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 17 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding