Yes, both are D. Ralph Lauren is a 10D, Alden is a 9.5D, they are essentially the same length
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: Yesterday
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2060post #30886 of 1224166/23/12 at 9:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30888 of 1224166/23/12 at 9:50amLook, I've seen basically every Alden retailer bashed on this board. LeatherSoul, Leffot, Alden, JCrew, whatever. These stores can't please everyone. I have had great service from AoC and will probably buy some boots from them in the future. At least AoC is clear about their return policies. Also, they typically dont let bad shoes out of their shop - they label bad share as irregulars. I you dont like them, don't shop there, it just leaves more pairs for other peoplepost #30889 of 1224166/23/12 at 9:50ampost #30890 of 1224166/23/12 at 9:52ampost #30891 of 1224166/23/12 at 9:58amQuote:Yes. Unless you feel he owes you something? He has given you the advice that he thinks would be best for you. Could you tell me exactly what is unreasonable about that?Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
In fact, I dug up an old e-mail between Adam and myself.
Thanks for the reply.
I have had some misfortune with Alden shoes in the past, especially with shell cordovan leather completely mismatching from left to right shoe. What guarantee do you offer against such things?
I should note that this has happened with reputable sellers.
In that case, we recommend you try to purchase the shoes in a shop where you can look at the shoes yourself before purchase.
If you can't do that, then secondarily, we recommend purchasing the shoes from a retailer that is willing to issue you a refund if you are not satisfied with the shoes. I believe there are several large sellers of Alden shoes that allow returning of the shoes for a refund.
This should protect you against future misfortune.
So... does this sound reasonable?post #30893 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:08amQuote:OK, So you think it is the worst return policy among online Alden retailers. Does that mean that it is unreasonable?Quote:I guess that would depend entirely on what the exact problem and how you treated the shoes while you had them.
What happens if he had a Princess Moo return policy and he sent you a pair of shoes that was fudged up by someone else?post #30894 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:11ampost #30895 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:15am
Which is weird that people keep talking about mismatched coloring on the shoes. It is a straw man argument but they will not give us a valid argument.post #30897 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:22amQuote:I get it. You know the exchange policy and you do not like it. Does that mean it is unreasonable? Is everything you do not like unreasonable?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lfxYhtf8o4&feature=plcppost #30898 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:25ampost #30899 of 1224166/23/12 at 10:26amQuote:
This is not always the case. I personally don't think its fair that you expect every shoe to have a just off the factory finish. This is not to say it is okay for a retailer to send a pair of shoes with signs of wear on the sole and what not but you would be surprised how many times shoes you buy have been tried on, returned, handled, etc. The price is not really the point. I just bought a pair of $900 Margiela shoes that I could tell have been tried on and have some small crease lines on the upper but you won't be able to pry them from my dead hands I love them so much. You can expect that from a pair of $50 loafers to $4,500 captoes. They are shoes and once you wear the first time for longer then a few hours you should get some signs of wear no matter how careful. But I do understand you wanting to have a factory finish pair that hasn't been touched but sometimes it just isn't possible.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Recent purchases - Part II 47 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...