or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2051  

post #30751 of 122416

20120621_145146.jpg

 

Color 8 LWB with electric blue laces.  Yes, I have 22's on my Range Rover as well...

post #30752 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post

maybe one's vanilla milkshake and the other is chocolate milkshake...

Undoubtedly whoever applied these terms was thinking along those lines. But does anyone know the actual name for the "chocolate" milkshake variety?
post #30753 of 122416
Very nice. I have these too...
post #30754 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Undoubtedly whoever applied these terms was thinking along those lines. But does anyone know the actual name for the "chocolate" milkshake variety?
It looks like tan or snuff suede. If those are from the seconds list the colors are sometimes wrong or best guesses. Part of the charm of the seconds list. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Today, White (HOT) Suede saddle shoes on red brick sole:

WhiteSuedeSaddleShoe.jpg

WhiteSuedeSaddleShoe2.jpg

WhiteSuedeSaddleShoe3.jpg

WhiteSuedeSaddleShoe4.jpg
post #30755 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbc0919 View Post


Could you share your experiences and use history of defender? I have some but am never really sure when in the process to use. Often, I put some on if the forecast calls for any possibility of rain. However, it seems to dull the shine on my Ravello LWBs. Do you brush after applying? Buff?


When I used leather defender on my alden shell these were the steps:

 

Wipe shoes with a damp cloth to remove dirt...wait a few min for drying

Apply tiny amount of Saphir Reno with a cloth all over the shoe... let dry for a few min

Apply small amount of Leather defender by spraying it onto a cloth and rubbing it on the shoe

Then brush each shoe for 5-10 min

finish each shoe right after brushing with a wipe with a soft, clean flannel cloth

 

Obviously some of the results I saw from the process are attributable to the Reno, but I think the water resistance was from the treatment with the leather defender. Hope that helps.

post #30756 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post

maybe one's vanilla milkshake and the other is chocolate milkshake...

Call me when they start making strawberry milkshake Indy boots...
post #30757 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

279
254
Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post

maybe one's vanilla milkshake and the other is chocolate milkshake...

806
post #30758 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

It looks like tan or snuff suede. If those are from the seconds list the colors are sometimes wrong or best guesses. Part of the charm of the seconds list. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
]

They're from the Bureau, and they're described as milkshake suede. I'm sure its not snuff, since they list snuff as snuff. I guess it could be tan or sand.

They also list these as milkshake, but they look like tan.

294
post #30759 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

They're from the Bureau, and they're described as milkshake suede. I'm sure its not snuff, since they list snuff as snuff. I guess it could be tan or sand.
They also list these as milkshake, but they look like tan.
294
I heard there is a shortage of rare suede colors. The new shipment of milkshake looks a little more tan than usual. happy.gif
post #30760 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by closerlook View Post

261
cigar chukka

nephew,
enjoy wearing and looking good in cigar
post #30761 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by closerlook View Post

300
ravello LWB, from the book of mac.

nephew,
looking very good
post #30762 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

350x263px-LL-e2680e49_20120621_140336.jpeg

Brand new Ravello wingtip boots...Maiden F#$@% Voyage!

enjoy wearing
post #30763 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by plato View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbc0919 View Post

Could you share your experiences and use history of defender? I have some but am never really sure when in the process to use. Often, I put some on if the forecast calls for any possibility of rain. However, it seems to dull the shine on my Ravello LWBs. Do you brush after applying? Buff?


When I used leather defender on my alden shell these were the steps:

Wipe shoes with a damp cloth to remove dirt...wait a few min for drying
Apply tiny amount of Saphir Reno with a cloth all over the shoe... let dry for a few min
Apply small amount of Leather defender by spraying it onto a cloth and rubbing it on the shoe
Then brush each shoe for 5-10 min
finish each shoe right after brushing with a wipe with a soft, clean flannel cloth

Obviously some of the results I saw from the process are attributable to the Reno, but I think the water resistance was from the treatment with the leather defender. Hope that helps.

Very helpful. Thanks so much.
post #30764 of 122416
2dgolj5.jpg
#8 nst
argyles otc
idt2cg.jpg
post #30765 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Mostly hype. It's not bad stuff but I don't feel it's the best, esp. for the price. 

I have tried both Reno and Venetian and I have stuck with Reno. The primary differences for me are:
1. Price - Reno is more expensive. Not a plus but these are $700 shoes we are dealing with here. I don't care much about a small difference in price and don't need a lifetime supply of shoe treatment sitting in my drawer. A tiny little bottle of Reno consumes little space and the ritual of using it feels more luxurious to me than opening my giant tin of Venetian.
2. Smell - Venetian smells too much like a chemical for me. I have grown to like the smell of Reno.
3. Applicability - I can dab tiny amounts of Reno on my shoe since the creme is more consistent
4. Shine vs. Luster - I found that the Reno brought out the luster in the cordovan more so than Venetian which made the shoes appears a bit too shiny.

Some of these differences are highly subjective, but I would hesitate to describe Reno as "hype". It's a wonderful product.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.