Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 4:24 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2035
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30512 of 1224166/18/12 at 10:53ampost #30513 of 1224166/18/12 at 10:56ampost #30514 of 1224166/18/12 at 11:03ampost #30515 of 1224166/18/12 at 11:06ampost #30516 of 1224166/18/12 at 11:13ampost #30517 of 1224166/18/12 at 12:00pmpost #30518 of 1224166/18/12 at 12:05pmQuote:
Blackbird in Seattle has/had one...I have a pair and I love them- very versatile and probably my most worn boot except my #8 Indys:
http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Alden_Blackbird_45149HC_Christopherson_s_Creamery_Milkman_Boot_14606.htmlpost #30519 of 1224166/18/12 at 12:06pmpost #30520 of 1224166/18/12 at 12:31pmpost #30521 of 1224166/18/12 at 12:49pmpost #30522 of 1224166/18/12 at 12:57pmpost #30523 of 1224166/18/12 at 1:08pm
A wonderful addition/alternative to the LWB many have come to know and love. I have the Ravello version of this shoe. The shoe is sleeker than its LWB conterpart - mostly due to the absence of the storm welt.post #30524 of 1224166/18/12 at 2:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by plato
Obviously I don't know where he got his, but here are two places on the web for interesting colored shoe laces. Think the first is having a bit of a father's day discount as well.
Frans Boone offers a large variety of colors, probably the largest choice for Alden on the net.post #30525 of 1224166/18/12 at 3:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfactor23
I noticed that Rancourt carries a Color 8 CXL belt :
I did not know that the Color 8 was available in CXL -
Does anybody know if Alden has ever done a Color 8 CXL shoe/boot, and has pics? I am curious to compare with the Color 8 Shell -
I don't know the answer to the Alden question, but figured I would relate my experience with the Rancourt #8 belt.
I received the Color 8 CXL belt a few months ago and it's very nice. The leather is supple and the color looks great. I purchased it as a potential match for my #8 Alden cordovan LWBs, but it has not worked out since the CXL is fairly matte. I have found that the calf Madison and Manistee belts from Allen Edmonds are a better match for Alden cordovan shoe since they have a shiny glow to them.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 30 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 42 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...