or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 2009  

post #30121 of 122416
^
Send him a mail. And give him my regards : ).
post #30122 of 122416
what the sole on the cigarcaptoe boots? commando or leathersole
post #30123 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


Looks like this is the link for the boot referenced above:
http://www.fransboonestore.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=337_389&product_id=694
Unfortunately, it doesn't have any pics or seem to answer any of your questions. They have a lot of pre-orders up on their site right now, including a couple more Cigar offerings, as well as a Ravello boot on the Plaza which looks pretty nice. Although, the Ravello boot looks more like Whiskey to me - maybe they already have the same boot in Whiskey that they are going to be offering in Ravello now, but it's not in production yet so they show pics of the Whiskey version online?

Thanks, I saw the description on thier website, but wondered if there were any pics around as they mention its a boot they have sold in their store previously.

post #30124 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


You guys are going to re-sole them as soon as you get them? Why not burn out the factory sole first?
Just seems a shame to 'waste' 1 of 3 possible resoles (over the life of the shoe) just for a bit a tread confused.gif
If it's traction you need, topy them.
If it's simply just for the looks, well I guess there is no other way than to get them re-soled.

I agree with you. I'd definitely go through the first sole before getting a resole. You think Aldens can only hold up to three resoles?

post #30125 of 122416
if the person doing the resole is careful and doesn't destroy the welt, you can get more than 3 resoles. Also, if the welt does get destroyed, you can just get a new welt. I think there is a limit to the number of times one can put a new welt on a pair of shoes, but I am not certain about that.
post #30126 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

I agree with you. I'd definitely go through the first sole before getting a resole. You think Aldens can only hold up to three resoles?

I think three is the average number of resoles before shoes deteriorate too much. Actually wondering if this is due to the sole attaching to the welt and if the welt is replaced they can be resoled more... may ask Nick V. next time I see him.
post #30127 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalence View Post

what the sole on the cigarcaptoe boots? commando or leathersole

They are commando sole but I would like one in leather sole as well.


I wouldn't call getting ravello "settling" biggrin.gif

469
post #30128 of 122416
Does anyone know where I can buy a good selection of Alden boots in the US and have them shipped to the UK at decent prices? Shipping from Alden themselves is $125.
post #30129 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


You guys are going to re-sole them as soon as you get them? Why not burn out the factory sole first?
Just seems a shame to 'waste' 1 of 3 possible resoles (over the life of the shoe) just for a bit a tread confused.gif
If it's traction you need, topy them.
If it's simply just for the looks, well I guess there is no other way than to get them re-soled.


Perhaps I am mistaken here but I wasn't aware that a goodyear welted boot such as the one being discussed was limited to a maximum of 3 soles over the life of the shoe.

post #30130 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalence View Post

what the sole on the cigarcaptoe boots? commando or leathersole

it depends on where its from, but the alden DC model is commando
post #30131 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Thanks, I saw the description on thier website, but wondered if there were any pics around as they mention its a boot they have sold in their store previously.

I saw some pics. Cigar shell with 360 storm welt, speed hooks, dark edge dressing.
post #30132 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post


I saw some pics. Cigar shell with 360 storm welt, speed hooks, dark edge dressing.

Thanks for the details.  Post the pics if you can?

post #30133 of 122416

O7IVA.jpg

 

Can anyone confirm that these are Alden?  I thought this would be the place to ask.  They look identical to these (http://www.shermanbrothers.com/productview.php?ProductId=177) and the leather is nice and soft but I've never owned calfskin before.  The sole/insole has been replaced with a vibrams one and the heel insole shows the Nic's Toggery logo which is a local quality/high-end men's store.  I'm not familiar with Alden and for all I know there could be knock-offs out there.


Edited by iate64crayons - 6/12/12 at 10:20am
post #30134 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan031 View Post

261
Alden DC cigar cap toe in grant last.


Is this the current makeup DC is carrying? I know they have a cigar cap toe right now. Is this it? 

post #30135 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post


Is this the current makeup DC is carrying? I know they have a cigar cap toe right now. Is this it? 

I think so, as per Kathy (store manager).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.