Two recent examples:
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:17 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1998
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29957 of 1224166/9/12 at 11:59ampost #29958 of 1224166/9/12 at 12:06pmpost #29959 of 1224166/9/12 at 12:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kashiwa
That's a good question, and one that I can't definitively answer. I have plain toe boots on the Trubalance and they are pretty voluminous, but from what I can tell the Trubalance has a larger width differential between the ball and heel than the Barrie. Based on the pic below, and what I'm feeling on my feet, the Barrie has a wider heel relative to the ball than the Trubalance.
I've got a new pair of shell PTBs on the Barrie that feel great with thinner (i.e. certainly not thin) socks in the ball of the shoe but very loose side to side (not so much lengthwise) in the heel. With thicker socks (Wigwam hikers) the shoe feels decent overall, but the ball is just a bit on the tight side and the heel remains a tad loose.
Should I expect the shoe to conform better to my feet as the soles and the leather break in? I guess my next remedies will be some tongue pads and / or insoles. Any suggestions?
The Barrie at least seemed considerably wider than the Trubalance in the various pairs I have tried on. I figure that's ok in boots but just about nothing else. Are there any PTBs out there that aren't on the Barrie?post #29960 of 1224166/9/12 at 12:42pm
Ummm... not sure in Venice, but in the USA it's not for like two weeks...Quote:The officially recognized date of Father's Day varies from country to country. This section lists some significant examples, in order of date of observance.
Andorra (Dia del Pare)
Italy (Festa del Papà)
Switzerland (Canton Ticino)
Portugal (Dia do Pai)
Spain (Día del Padre)
...post #29961 of 1224166/9/12 at 12:56pmpost #29962 of 1224166/9/12 at 1:04pmpost #29963 of 1224166/9/12 at 1:20pmpost #29964 of 1224166/9/12 at 1:29pmpost #29965 of 1224166/9/12 at 1:30pmpost #29966 of 1224166/9/12 at 1:31pmpost #29967 of 1224166/9/12 at 2:11pmpost #29968 of 1224166/9/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
Surely not. They look like shell to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, Uncle.
EDIT: Oh shit, first post on the 2,000th page!post #29969 of 1224166/9/12 at 2:29pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 32 seconds ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 44 seconds ago
- › Zonkey Boot GMTO interest check 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...