Do professors fit under that umbrella?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1997
Styleforum Top Picks
That's a good question, and one that I can't definitively answer. I have plain toe boots on the Trubalance and they are pretty voluminous, but from what I can tell the Trubalance has a larger width differential between the ball and heel than the Barrie. Based on the pic below, and what I'm feeling on my feet, the Barrie has a wider heel relative to the ball than the Trubalance.
I've got a new pair of shell PTBs on the Barrie that feel great with thinner (i.e. certainly not thin) socks in the ball of the shoe but very loose side to side (not so much lengthwise) in the heel. With thicker socks (Wigwam hikers) the shoe feels decent overall, but the ball is just a bit on the tight side and the heel remains a tad loose.
Should I expect the shoe to conform better to my feet as the soles and the leather break in? I guess my next remedies will be some tongue pads and / or insoles. Any suggestions?
yep. the J.Crew boot, honest to god, looks like a sleek boot when compared to my Indy boot and the J.Crew plain-toe calfskin boot. I think the Barrie is a great last for the boot. Personally, I prefer speed hooks, and while pull tabs are nice, it's still not enough to sway me over. there's also the fact that the J.Crew boot is in stock, and I don't think the Jumper is. Are they restocking it soon?
Cordovan chukka, cigar, 9.5E, Alden on Madison Avenue
Unlined snuff suede loafer, bought from Leffot
- These are my first van loafers. I have a high instep, and the vamp normally puts way too much pressure on my foot. These shoes are snug, but the fact that they are unlined and suede allows me to wear them - I still can't wear this same shoe in cordovan. I walked out of the store with these on my feet
Chromexcel from LeatherSoul, Navy from Tassels, Whiskey and Cigar from Alden Madison Ave
I asked him how Alden prioritized retailers - he said he didn't really know, but there likely is some kind of pecking order.
I didn't discuss it in detail with the guys at Alden on Madison, but I did put my name in for a whiskey PTB - they mentioned about a 6 month waiting time. Alden on Madison does have shortages but it does seem they do get somewhat of a consistent resupply of stock rare cordovan models
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 22 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 38 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › is this a good suit for wedding? 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...