Alden J crew shell cordovan is barrie last or plaza last ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 11:37 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1996
Styleforum Top Picks
I love my Aldens, they're definitely nice shoes, but I'd be very annoyed to have a shoe that's already been resoled, having just gotten it. Just means I'll have it for less time. Now I can't really notice the original issue, and I don't think it's that bad, I'm basically just speaking in general.
Fair enough, you have to be happy with it otherwise you won't be happy wearing the shoes.
ive wondered this exact same thing. the toe doesnt look as chiseled as a typical Plaza toe. Looks more like Barrie last. I have this boot and it bugs me because I expected to be more square. Great looking boot nonetheless
I'm making decision to buy Cap toe in Color 8 so
which one is the best and then why J crew lace is too big
Finally if i wear indy boot in 8 D what size i have to buy 8 or 8.5
let me add on a related question for people's opinions:
1. jcrew perforated cap toes (http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp)
2. LSH color 8 jumpers (http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2009/07/29/alden-shoes-shell-cordovan-jumper-boots/)
Edited by pic9809 - 6/9/12 at 2:25am
^ thx david3558.
i like the overall look of the LSH no8 jumpers as well - pull tab and all eyelets are both pluses. but am concerned about the true-balance last being too bulbous relative to the j.crew carries. anyone seen both in person?
I totally wear my LHS with shorts! Has that old school Ivy league/vintage JFK look. color 8 LHS, khaki shorts, oxford shirt, raybans
edited: thanks neutrino!
Edited by blue collar - 6/9/12 at 5:10am
Mentioned already, but Mike and Adele are in Europe this week, I'm sure he'll get back to you when he's back.
About three weeks. They called me before doing any work. Alden was very diligent in that regard. My compliments to the factory staff for their service.
Normally, I would agree with you. But Alden is . . . Alden. I wouldn't be upset if I had to send a new boot back for recrafting. I would be upset if they didn't do anything to correct the problem. There's going to be problems with a hand finished shoe (hand sewn or machined by hand). Some of these will make it through quality control (i.e. Alden's error rate). They're still nice shoes.
As much as I'd love to jump on the "a 700 shoe needs to be perfect," a few things I've come to get comfortable with:
1- When you pay $700 for Aldens, you are not necesarrily paying for the perfect shoe. You're paying for something rare, that doesn't come around all too often, and sells out damn near instantaneously.
2- They're shoes. We wear them on our feet, all over the ground that has god knows what on it and treats them like a cheap hooker's pimp.
Unless its a real construction issue (which I've had on my Whiskey and Ravello LWBs) where the shoe will fall apart if its not fixed, I've learned not to sweat over these things (like the missed punch holes...who the hell looks at shoes that closely anyway?). If it is a serious construction issue, like I've had, I've found Alden to be extremely helpful in repairing and sending me back the shoe, yes I was out the $30 to ship them to Mass, but again, that's part of owning Aldens. When you buy a classic car for $50k, do you complain that parts are too expensive when they go?
If you can accept these things then you'll learn to love and appreciate these shoes even more. if not, spend more on Carmina or Vass.
I have the Jumper, its an awesome boot. I wouldn't worry about the Trubalance being too bulbous. And if it is, the shoe will sell out damn near instantly, so I'm sure you'd find a buyer rather quickly to get your $$ back.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...