Alden J crew shell cordovan is barrie last or plaza last ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 9:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1996post #29927 of 1224166/8/12 at 11:44pmpost #29928 of 1224166/8/12 at 11:49pmpost #29929 of 1224166/8/12 at 11:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by misterjuiceman
I love my Aldens, they're definitely nice shoes, but I'd be very annoyed to have a shoe that's already been resoled, having just gotten it. Just means I'll have it for less time. Now I can't really notice the original issue, and I don't think it's that bad, I'm basically just speaking in general.
Fair enough, you have to be happy with it otherwise you won't be happy wearing the shoes.post #29930 of 1224166/9/12 at 1:03amQuote:
ive wondered this exact same thing. the toe doesnt look as chiseled as a typical Plaza toe. Looks more like Barrie last. I have this boot and it bugs me because I expected to be more square. Great looking boot nonethelesspost #29931 of 1224166/9/12 at 1:34amQuote:Originally Posted by chanakit
I'm making decision to buy Cap toe in Color 8 so
which one is the best and then why J crew lace is too big
Finally if i wear indy boot in 8 D what size i have to buy 8 or 8.5
let me add on a related question for people's opinions:
1. jcrew perforated cap toes (http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp)
2. LSH color 8 jumpers (http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2009/07/29/alden-shoes-shell-cordovan-jumper-boots/)
Edited by pic9809 - 6/9/12 at 2:25ampost #29932 of 1224166/9/12 at 2:09ampost #29933 of 1224166/9/12 at 2:24am
^ thx david3558.
i like the overall look of the LSH no8 jumpers as well - pull tab and all eyelets are both pluses. but am concerned about the true-balance last being too bulbous relative to the j.crew carries. anyone seen both in person?post #29934 of 1224166/9/12 at 3:13amQuote:
I totally wear my LHS with shorts! Has that old school Ivy league/vintage JFK look. color 8 LHS, khaki shorts, oxford shirt, raybans
edited: thanks neutrino!
Edited by blue collar - 6/9/12 at 5:10ampost #29935 of 1224166/9/12 at 4:23ampost #29936 of 1224166/9/12 at 4:43ampost #29937 of 1224166/9/12 at 4:49ampost #29938 of 1224166/9/12 at 5:00amQuote:
Mentioned already, but Mike and Adele are in Europe this week, I'm sure he'll get back to you when he's back.Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by PhiPsi32
About three weeks. They called me before doing any work. Alden was very diligent in that regard. My compliments to the factory staff for their service.
Normally, I would agree with you. But Alden is . . . Alden. I wouldn't be upset if I had to send a new boot back for recrafting. I would be upset if they didn't do anything to correct the problem. There's going to be problems with a hand finished shoe (hand sewn or machined by hand). Some of these will make it through quality control (i.e. Alden's error rate). They're still nice shoes.
As much as I'd love to jump on the "a 700 shoe needs to be perfect," a few things I've come to get comfortable with:
1- When you pay $700 for Aldens, you are not necesarrily paying for the perfect shoe. You're paying for something rare, that doesn't come around all too often, and sells out damn near instantaneously.
2- They're shoes. We wear them on our feet, all over the ground that has god knows what on it and treats them like a cheap hooker's pimp.
Unless its a real construction issue (which I've had on my Whiskey and Ravello LWBs) where the shoe will fall apart if its not fixed, I've learned not to sweat over these things (like the missed punch holes...who the hell looks at shoes that closely anyway?). If it is a serious construction issue, like I've had, I've found Alden to be extremely helpful in repairing and sending me back the shoe, yes I was out the $30 to ship them to Mass, but again, that's part of owning Aldens. When you buy a classic car for $50k, do you complain that parts are too expensive when they go?
If you can accept these things then you'll learn to love and appreciate these shoes even more. if not, spend more on Carmina or Vass.Quote:
I have the Jumper, its an awesome boot. I wouldn't worry about the Trubalance being too bulbous. And if it is, the shoe will sell out damn near instantly, so I'm sure you'd find a buyer rather quickly to get your $$ back.post #29939 of 1224166/9/12 at 5:59ampost #29940 of 1224166/9/12 at 6:02am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Like New Citizens of Humanity COH Sid 34 x 30 Worn Once 7 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 11 minutes ago
- › FREEMANS SPORTING CLUB - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...