Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1988post #29806 of 1224166/7/12 at 12:46pmpost #29807 of 1224166/7/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
just to offer a counterpoint, and i don't know the circumstances of your displeasure, but i've had a couple of dealings with AoC and he's been very reasonable. absolutely would not hesitate to buy from him again.post #29808 of 1224166/7/12 at 12:54pmQuote:
Also never had a problem with Adam and found his communication quite exemplary. Shipping was prompt and answered my questions quickly.post #29809 of 1224166/7/12 at 12:55pmQuote:Quote:
With all due respect I have to agree with 100 yrs... I have bought 5 or 6 alden shoes from Adam at AoC and he is always been nothing but cordial, courteous and professionalism... i really enjoy working with him....post #29810 of 1224166/7/12 at 1:05pmpost #29811 of 1224166/7/12 at 1:43pmpost #29812 of 1224166/7/12 at 1:43pm+1 to having had positive experiences with AoC. Obviously we can all have that one experience with a retailer that turns us off, but I've had two successful transactions and I'd say Adam's standards are quite high.post #29813 of 1224166/7/12 at 1:46pmpost #29814 of 1224166/7/12 at 1:49pmQuote:
everyone is entitled to draw their own conclusions, and I would not dissuade anyone from purchasing from AOC. I can only speak to my experiences and how I will proceed with my own purchases in the future.post #29815 of 1224166/7/12 at 1:50pmpost #29816 of 1224166/7/12 at 1:58pmQuote:
did they mention which last its on??post #29817 of 1224166/7/12 at 2:01pm
doesn't say, so i'm guessing it's trubalance?
Just a friendly note advising you we have a pair of Cigar Cordovan Indy Boots available in size 9.5D.
Please give us a call if you would like to place an order. Style 40564 9.5D $720.
Supplies are very limited and subject to prior sale.
170 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
800-273-7463post #29818 of 1224166/7/12 at 2:23pmpost #29819 of 1224166/7/12 at 2:28pmQuote:
Why did you have to say this, I'm already broke!!! This is a makeup I have been reeeeaaallly wanting for awhile now.
Oh and if anyone is interested I am going to be putting up a pair of tan calf wingtip boots, 9D in the barrie. PM for more info. I'll post them to B&S with pics tonight.
Edited by 0waterbouys - 6/7/12 at 2:52pmpost #29820 of 1224166/7/12 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by misterjuiceman
I think it's a tough call between the AF53 and the jumper boot. I think the jumper boot looks better if you compare the brand-new pics on each website, but after seeing Morgan's picture, it's a real tough decision. I think once the AF53 starts creasing, it's a fantastic-looking boot. I'd probably go with the AF53 out of those. In my opinion though, nothing really beats the Alden X J.Crew QB boot in color #8.
I am leaning towards choosing between the jumper and the AF53. I already have 1 CXL and 1 color 8, but I already have three cigar, including a PTB on crepe. The cigar chukka (as much as I like chukkas) seems like overkill at this point.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 35 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Stone island 20 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 27 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...