Funny, I know exactly where 2111 Center St. in Berkeley should be, but I don't think the building exists any more. Thanks for posting!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 9:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1938post #29057 of 1224165/27/12 at 5:17pmpost #29058 of 1224165/27/12 at 5:57pmpost #29059 of 1224165/27/12 at 6:59pmQuote:
Funny, I heard the same - do you know the Pantone colors that will be prevalent? Just curious.post #29060 of 1224165/27/12 at 7:03pmpost #29061 of 1224165/27/12 at 10:49pm
anyone know if these jcrew suede LWBs are flex-sole?
Edited by pic9809 - 5/28/12 at 1:48ampost #29062 of 1224165/27/12 at 11:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Soylent Green
Go wider. I had the same problem, and while the shoe has loosened up, it's still a bit annoying/not perfect. The shoe I have is a snuff suede chukka. Also be warned, after a few months my suede chukka is falling apart at the seams. Very disappointed in the build quality of this shoe. If anyone wants, I'll post the photo evidence.
Having just acquired a 1494, I'd like to see some photos so I know what to look for.Quote:
Snuff is a middle of the road color, not really light and not really dark. Dark brown can worn year round. The tan suede, however, I can't see wearing in the winter unless you're somewhere like Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, etc.post #29063 of 1224165/28/12 at 3:33amLove the shoe and jean combo. Great contrast.
I just dont understand...Quote:post #29064 of 1224165/28/12 at 4:01amhi,
one question according sizing the indy boots.
will the length of the sole different compared a E and B width ? i had ordered 403 in 10 E. the length fits fine, but the middle foot coud be smaller, i have small feet, so i wanna order a 10 B.
Will the length be the same ?
Thank you in advancepost #29065 of 1224165/28/12 at 5:39amQuote:Originally Posted by pic9809
anyone know if these jcrew suede LWBs are flex-sole?
Hard to know.
The description says "oiled single leather sole" but the picture is of a standard leather sole.post #29066 of 1224165/28/12 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by blue collar
Love the shoe and jean combo. Great contrast.
I just dont understand...Quote:
Those are RRLOfficer cut pants in denim, not jeans.
Apparently the roll is okay with denim in non-jean cuts.
P. W. Herman approves of this combo.post #29067 of 1224165/28/12 at 5:50ampost #29068 of 1224165/28/12 at 5:54amFrom Tom
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?69144-Alden-quot-flex-welt-quot-clarification&p=552676#post552676Quote:The term "flex welt" is just the name of the series. I'm assuming it relates to a "flexible, welted dress shoe." The outsole itself is dunked and soaked in a special oil which not only makes the leather flexible, it actually adds to its durability. The oil actually helps to move the leather around as it takes a beating rather than knicking off the leather...think platinum versus silver. The leather uppers are also different from the normal dress line. They are tumbled calf and lady calf, softer and broken in, however not as dressy and not as easily shined.
If you did resole the shoe with a regular leather outsole, it would obviously no longer be as flexible. It has nothing to do with the welt, just the sole.
One more thing, they DO have steel shanks...some people believe that the flex welt series do not have steel shanks, but the truth is that they do.
Hope that helped.post #29069 of 1224165/28/12 at 7:40amQuote:
Can you be more specific? Canal St. sidewalk is a totally different shade than UES sidewalk... I need to be sure I'm ready to fit with the trend.post #29070 of 1224165/28/12 at 9:43am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 14 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 16 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 19 minutes ago
- › Common Projects Original Achilles low black 42 23 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway