or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1927  

post #28891 of 122416
Sizing question for you guys:

Size 8D Cordovan Long Wing Blucher (Barrie Last) fits perfect on me.

Should I be getting the same size in Cordovan Wing Tip Bal Oxford (Tremont Last) ?

Thanks in advance.
post #28892 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post

Sure do. I am nuts about them.
200
Awesome, do you have any better pictures? This one doesn't do much to show how they look with an outfit.
post #28893 of 122416

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Not The ShoeMart, Tom Austin:

 

http://www.tomaustinshoes.com/tomaustinshoes.com/TOM_AUSTIN_SHOES.html

 

Ah-ha, thank you good sir.

post #28894 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post

I recommend the #8 chukkas as long as you have a good fit with the barrie last--the barrie chukkas can be pretty loose compared to other barrie shoes since they only have 2 sets of eyelets.

Hrm, well I do have some heel slip with the Barrie last and my instep is low compared to the shoe, but I usually have a tongue pad in there.
post #28895 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowolf View Post

d0362380-9982-6611.jpg
Loving my longwings

apparently not that much...don't you have em for sale in your signature?
post #28896 of 122416
Haha - I noticed the same; but perhaps that's the correct size this time around? happy.gif
post #28897 of 122416
Whoops, i just realized. I sold the other pair and bought the correct size. shog[1].gif
post #28898 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekt View Post

Sizing question for you guys:
Size 8D Cordovan Long Wing Blucher (Barrie Last) fits perfect on me.
Should I be getting the same size in Cordovan Wing Tip Bal Oxford (Tremont Last) ?
Thanks in advance.

A lot of people say yes, but I sized up. I think it would depend on your arches really.
post #28899 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI View Post

A lot of people say yes, but I sized up. I think it would depend on your arches really.

Thanks WhoKnewl.

I called Shoemart and they suggested I go up to an 8.5 in anything that is not a Barrie. Are they usually reliable in terms of sizing suggestions?
post #28900 of 122416
LS Ravello SWB in natural light, before i set the creases.

ravello001.jpg

I know it looks like there is crazy shade variations in this shot but it's just the angle. If you were to look at the shoe in the same light but at a different angle the dark parts are light and light are dark. It's just the direction of the grain.
post #28901 of 122416
^ Gorgeous inlove.gif
post #28902 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendition View Post

My advice would be a 9D.  The Modified and Trubalance lasts are about the same size, and CXL will stretch.  I went a full size down on the Trubalance last for my CXL indys, from a 9D to an 8D, and they're already stretching after only two wears.  I'm becoming worried that they're going to be too large very soon.  Just my two cents.

thanks man. i'm still kinda on the fence, since my experiment with CXL in 9D Barrie (i bought some pitt boots in 9D) didn't turn out too well. the shoemart customer service lady said i can buy a 9D and 9.5D and just return (for $7.99) the pair that doesn't fit, so i think i'll go with that. i don't really know how to account for the CXL stretching, tho.

also, can anyone shed any light on the real-world difference between the modified and trubalance lasts? does one fit a certain kind of foot better? these look really similar to my eyes:
45625H.jpg
86042H.jpg
post #28903 of 122416
Just to confirm what many have already said about Tom Austen. Stopped in about 3 hours ago. LWB's in black and #8 are 50% off. Other shells are 40% off. They definitely had the following: Black NST in 9D, Black PTB in 8D, #8 PTB in 8 1/2 E, Black shell Captoe in 9D. Also pretty sure the display models of Black and # 8 chukkas were 8D.
post #28904 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

thanks man. i'm still kinda on the fence, since my experiment with CXL in 9D Barrie (i bought some pitt boots in 9D) didn't turn out too well. the shoemart customer service lady said i can buy a 9D and 9.5D and just return (for $7.99) the pair that doesn't fit, so i think i'll go with that. i don't really know how to account for the CXL stretching, tho.
also, can anyone shed any light on the real-world difference between the modified and trubalance lasts? does one fit a certain kind of foot better? these look really similar to my eyes:

Modified last is much skinnier in the mid area, and in my opinion, fits a bit better than Trubalance and looks a whole lot nicer
post #28905 of 122416
I think that first boot on the modified last is hideous. It's too curvy and the toe is bulbous. The aesthetics of the indy look way better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.