Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:05 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1923post #28831 of 1224165/23/12 at 8:12pmpost #28832 of 1224165/23/12 at 8:18pmpost #28833 of 1224165/23/12 at 8:22pmpost #28834 of 1224165/23/12 at 8:25pmpost #28835 of 1224165/23/12 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by trigQuote:
didn't someone mention the other week or so, that Kathy from Alden DC said this batch was more red and leaned towards #4?
That was me. Got a pair from the same batch from Alden DC and mine are very similar in color to 0waterbouys. Worn twice now and seem to be creasing very nicely. Will post photos when I get a chance.post #28836 of 1224165/23/12 at 8:58pmAlright time to consider purchasing yet another pair...
Right now my primary rotation looks like this: (I am hardly only in a suit, but I like the flexibility of being able to do so; mainly I'm more "streetwear" with a tad of 'dressed up' thrown in for good measure if that makes any sense)
- Ravello Shell Shortwing Bluchers
- Burgundy Perf. Captoe Balmorals
- Black Calf Monkstrap
- Color #8 Shell Captoe Boot
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Wingtip Blucher (light/orange brown; no perforation)
- Cole Haan's Suede Buck (khaki)
- J.Crew Desert Boots (khaki)
Of the following; which one would you buy/add to my collection? Thanks in advance for the pick and opinion
Black Shell Longwing Bluchers
Color #8 Shell Plain Toe Bluchers
Color #8 Shell Chukka
Black Shell Chukkapost #28837 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:12pmpost #28838 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:34pmpost #28839 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by closerlook
Originally Posted by theclipper
I really want to grab a pair of the LWB from North River while they're on sale. Unfortunately my brannock is about 9.5B heel to toe with heel to ball being about a 10B. Anyone have any idea what size of the LWB on the Barrie last in C width might work the best for me?
Sorry to bump, but can anyone help a brother out?
well, you always want to go with the larger of the measurements so as to not smush any part of your foot, rendering the shoe unwearable. tongue pads and insoles can make up the difference spots...
so lets assume you are a 10B. That makes you roughly (and i mean roughly) a 9.5C. in the barrie last, that would equate to a 9C.
and there you have it.
Thanks for your response. I was debating between trying a 9.5C or 9C. It sounds like Id be better off going with the 9.post #28840 of 1224165/24/12 at 7:10amNothing all that exciting, but I just picked up a pair of split toe All Weather Walkers from a local shop. I had been eyeing them for sometime and had actually put in an order for them twice but canceled the order both times because Alden kept telling the shop it would be about 12 weeks for them to get my size (7.5E) which always seemed odd for a shoe that is a stock item at many shops. Oh well.
Anyway... the local store was having a trunk sale this past weekend and offering up a free pair of shoe trees so I decided to pull the trigger. I was out of town so called my SA and he placed the order for me and told me to still expect the shoes in about 12 weeks or so. But he did give me a small discount for my previous troubles and hooked me up with something else I had been eyeing in the store. Well the shoes arrived yesterday - quite a bit faster than the 12 week estimate!
Super comfortable!post #28841 of 1224165/24/12 at 7:21ampost #28842 of 1224165/24/12 at 7:22ampost #28843 of 1224165/24/12 at 7:31ampost #28844 of 1224165/24/12 at 7:49ampost #28845 of 1224165/24/12 at 8:39am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 974 Active Users (97 Members and 877 Guests)
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Custom made shirts Christmas Sale Offered by Nattyshirts 11 minutes ago
- › Pairing tuxedo with cravat 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 19 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...