I'm not really into wingtips. For some reason, it reminds me of old men or attorney's. However, those are great looking shoes. Wear them in the best of health!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1916post #28727 of 1224165/23/12 at 8:42ampost #28728 of 1224165/23/12 at 8:45ampost #28729 of 1224165/23/12 at 8:48amI've only seen a handful of pairs in real life, but in my experience ravello has the most variation between batches of any of the colors of shell Alden uses. Here are my whiskey LWB and ravello LHS (with indoor lighting):post #28730 of 1224165/23/12 at 8:50amQuote:Originally Posted by mediahound
I just got an email from NRO:
"Greetings from NRO,
Thank you for your recent order. The shoes you selected are approximately 12 weeks from shipment. Please let us know how you wish to proceed. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note your credit card has not been charged.
I think I'll just cancel my order.
What size did you order? I ordered a pair of 8D at around noon yesterday. Still no email... fingers crossed.post #28731 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:03amQuote:
I think I'm inclined to agree with this sentiment. Why would that be the case; Isn't it the same dye across the board? How come we see such variation in that shell color and not the others?post #28732 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:05ampost #28733 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:11ampost #28734 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:13ampost #28735 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:14ampost #28736 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:15amDamn it I better be their first 8.5D that gets shipped! I do know they have it in stock though - I gave them a call yesterday; I have no clue as to what size range they had in their store but I know they had them in store.
Ahh the anticipation is killing me.post #28737 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:17amQuote:
People have been reporting that they are getting emails saying they will have to wait around 12-14 weeks to ship. If that's no big deal to you go ahead and grab them, but a lot of people bought from them during the sale and it's doubtful they had that many pairs. You could be waiting longer than they are saying, its really up in the air right now.
Dayum...post #28738 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:19amSpeak of the devil; concerning the NRO order:Quote:Greetings from NRO,
Thank you for your recent order. The item you selected is approximately 14 weeks from shipment. Please let us know how you wish to proceed. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note your credit card has not been charged.
What are you guys going to do? I wonder if this is their way of cancelling the order on us, because they literally told me they had these shoes in their shop...post #28739 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:22am
Curious on the NRO deal. If your shoes don't fit, I assume that you would be able to exchange straight across for a different size of the same model. However, if you want to change, say an Indy for a LHS, would they continue to honor a discount even if it's after the sale time period? Also, would the store credit be indefinite? Seems like it should be, but have no idea. In some situations, it's advantageous to bracket the size to make sure and return the one that doesn't work. Obviously, this would not work unless you wanted an enormous store credit.post #28740 of 1224165/23/12 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Edgein
Curious on the NRO deal. If your shoes don't fit, I assume that you would be able to exchange straight across for a different size of the same model. However, if you want to change, say an Indy for a LHS, would they continue to honor a discount even if it's after the sale time period? Also, would the store credit be indefinite? Seems like it should be, but have no idea. In some situations, it's advantageous to bracket the size to make sure and return the one that doesn't work. Obviously, this would not work unless you wanted an enormous store credit.
Good question, I can tell you that they probably won't honor the discount. A friend who still lives in Boston swung by and casually asked if the storewide sale was applicable on Aldens - lady straight up said no because of the deal they have with Alden. They aren't allowed to discount them; that's why I'm crossing my fingers - but now the order is 14 damn weeks out.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds First Ave Boot or Thursday Captain? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luigi Bianchi Mantova Charcoal overcoat 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 7 minutes ago
- › Marc Jacobs Wool Cashmere Peacoat Medium 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...