or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1914  

post #28696 of 122416

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOxymoron View Post


+1.
I had to sell mine after two days of wear because they stretched out so much. Felt perfect in store.

 

Interesting...  Did you originally buy your normal size or go a half size down?

post #28697 of 122416

Does Kudu stretch like CXL?

post #28698 of 122416
Ah shit still hoping my Indy in Color 8 comes through, I ordered 8.5D...

I have no exp with Kudu...
post #28699 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post

Interesting...  Did you originally buy your normal size or go a half size down?
Not really sure what my normal size even is, especially with so many different lasts. But I sized down 1 from my typical vans size, and it turns out I need to size down 1.5 from that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Ah shit still hoping my Indy in Color 8 comes through, I ordered 8.5D...
I have no exp with Kudu...
Shit that's what I ordered too. If you get yours and I don't get mine....angry.gif
Actually if that happens I'll probably just snag those cxl indys from you haha
post #28700 of 122416
Haha word. Well I ordered first...
post #28701 of 122416
Shades of Ravello
IMG_1240.jpg
IMG_1243.jpg

Ravello is more red as of late, but not as red as #4
IMG_0696.jpg
IMG_0702.jpg
IMG_0717.jpg
post #28702 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Ah shit still hoping my Indy in Color 8 comes through, I ordered 8.5D...
I have no exp with Kudu...

Man, good luck.  What a great boot.

post #28703 of 122416

I need some Ravello in my life.

post #28704 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgein View Post

Does Kudu stretch like CXL?

Yes, but not as much as CXL in my experience.
post #28705 of 122416
I just received my LS Ravello SWBs last night. In the box, indoors, they looked very red. However when i took them outside in the sun they were a dark whiskey/pumpkin tone.

The other thing (maybe it's because they were a short run of 18) but this shoe has the best fit and finish I have seen so far from Alden. The welt seam/connection is almost seamless. The shell color is even with no stain blotches. all in all i'm very happy with this pair. I still have faith that Alden will continue to make a quality product and keep their standards (somewhat) high.
post #28706 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

I just received my LS Ravello SWBs last night. In the box, indoors, they looked very red. However when i took them outside in the sun they were a dark whiskey/pumpkin tone.
The other thing (maybe it's because they were a short run of 18) but this shoe has the best fit and finish I have seen so far from Alden. The welt seam/connection is almost seamless. The shell color is even with no stain blotches. all in all i'm very happy with this pair. I still have faith that Alden will continue to make a quality product and keep their standards (somewhat) high.


how were you able to get a pair?
post #28707 of 122416

Guys, you've been following the topic for a long time - how often do such discounts appear? I was thinking of getting natty LWBs from Epaulet, I think they'll fit my more or less casual style, but now when there's an opportunity to grab a #8 for the price, I'm really torn (and no, I'm not grabbing 2 pairs).

post #28708 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

Guys, you've been following the topic for a long time - how often do such discounts appear? I was thinking of getting natty LWBs from Epaulet, I think they'll fit my more or less casual style, but now when there's an opportunity to grab a #8 for the price, I'm really torn (and no, I'm not grabbing 2 pairs).

Discounts on 1st quality Aldens are few and far between.

I would not even hesitate to get the #8 if I were in your shoes.
post #28709 of 122416
I think the darkish red toned ravello is the best shade. That shade of ravello is significantly differrent from the butterscotch/caramel whiskey, which allows you to have both in rotation. The dark red toned ravello also works great with certain colors (for example, red ravello shows with a navy suit, pink shirt and navy tie look awesome). To those that are getting these dark ravello shoes, consider yourselves lucky, you are getting one of the better Alden cordovan colors
post #28710 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I'm going to be very surprised if NRO really has all these shoes stocked in all the sizes in multiple widths. Guess we'll find out. Best of luck to everyone who ordered.
Ordered a pair of #8 Indys and a pair of snuff suede chukkas during the Kentucy derby sale @ 25% off. Chukkas showed up a couple of days later, Receieved an email, approx 12 week wait for the #8 Indys. As long as I get them I will be happy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.