Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1900post #28486 of 1224165/20/12 at 9:44pmpost #28487 of 1224165/20/12 at 9:50pmpost #28488 of 1224165/21/12 at 12:16ampost #28489 of 1224165/21/12 at 1:30ampost #28490 of 1224165/21/12 at 1:49ampost #28491 of 1224165/21/12 at 1:59amQuote:
They're both Indy boots, yes, but a completely different look really. Difficult to give any advice without knowing your plans for the boots. But, if it were me, I'd go for the color 8!post #28492 of 1224165/21/12 at 2:40ampost #28493 of 1224165/21/12 at 3:05amQuote:
Love the Tre. My #4 WTB are on it and they are GREAT! Fit is nice TTS as well.Quote:
Question 2, I'd go up the half size. Rather be a touch too big than a touch too small...can always insert pads.Quote:
These were a special Leffot makeup Tremont last, single leather. #4 is a color, reddish in hue but much lighter than the #8, which is more burgundy. Wing Tip Blucher (WTB). LWB (Long Wing Blucher). Nice to see you over here! Must be enjoying those chukkas!post #28494 of 1224165/21/12 at 3:32amQuote:
Thanks, NYR! : ) Yes, I like them.
I was thinking about a winter (snow) boot, and those look really nice. A (high) WTB in that colour, but with some kind of rubber sole might be ideal for that purpose. The #'s refer to cordovan leather only or also calf?post #28495 of 1224165/21/12 at 3:36am
Rob, are you 9.5 TTS? If so, any chance I can talk you into selling me those navy suede LWBs of yours?
They've been reordered recently, but in a remarkable turn of events I wasn't able to grab them. Sigh. I love them so much more than blind-eyelet versions.post #28496 of 1224165/21/12 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by LeJouvre
I know this is the Alden thread, but regarding boots in hot weather, when you need boots for cold mornings and hot afternoons, what do you do? Especially when you still wear your boots in the evenings when it gets cold again?
I spoke to Vass about it and we decided, for exactly this reason, that we would use camel leather as an inner liner for the sock of a pair of Cordovan boots which I ordered MTO last year. I had to source the leather myself though, and I got it from an Australian supplier.
The difference is absolutely amazing.
Vass built the inner lining with a double lined stitched camel hide. The double hide is two fairly thin pieces of camel hide stitched together to form a really soft padding. The result is one heck of a soft inner, with nice tough but supple cordovan outer and promise you, nothing is cooler on your foot than camel hide inner lining in the heat, just like they used to use in old military desert campaign boots for the French Foreign Legion and the British Forces in Egypt and Palestine way back when.
If I could find somebody to change my Aldens to incorporate a camel leather sock lining I think I will have found my perfect boot.
That's a novel approach, do you have any pictures of the final results?post #28497 of 1224165/21/12 at 6:22amQuote:
1. Yes, dirty.
2. Nope, go up from TB/Barrie size for the Leydon.post #28498 of 1224165/21/12 at 6:27amQuote:
m pretty sure they just use the numbers for cordo. #8 ~ burgundy in calf, not sure about #4 or if they even make a leather thats similar in calf skin. Alden doesn't have too many rubber sole models (if any actually) but do offer a commando sole and a Crepe.Quote:
I am 9.5. I can think about it, but I do love them...they were done two years in a row at Leffot (maybe even more) so its only one summer to wait...post #28499 of 1224165/21/12 at 6:53amQuote:
I'm the same way, I love boots but find they just don't get much wear after about the end of April, early May. It sometimes makes me wish I lived somewhere colder year round :) I always get excited as fall approaches as there are just so many more apparel options for me in cooler/cold weather. The only exception is my Alden suede chukkas.post #28500 of 1224165/21/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Well, if they're doing it again next year, maybe it's for the better. I've been on a shopping spree this year...
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Any One for a Scotch? 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › NIB Junkard Berry Shell Cordovan Size 42 (US 9) 15 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 17 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...