Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1898post #28456 of 1224165/20/12 at 2:55pmpost #28457 of 1224165/20/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by PhiPsi32
I went to work last Friday in my LS tanker boots. Afternoon temp was about 95 Fahrenheit. Definitely warm, but otherwise OK. The 1494s are good when I have to be outside.
closerlook, the aforementioned 1494s were ordered from Alden of DC and shipped from Alden of SF (ironic, eh?).
well, they do that. just call alden of dc and explain, if you find you want something from there. Kathy can get it done.post #28458 of 1224165/20/12 at 3:00pmQuote:
I am the same way, that is why I have one pair of boots and am debating on getting the LS CXL Jumpers when they come in. We have a short cold period in the Charlotte, so I find that my one pair of boots has only been worn maybe 5 or 6 times. I may skip them and get the Meermin double monks.post #28459 of 1224165/20/12 at 3:09pmI'm a transplant from the superdenim section on superfuture, so boots just kinda go hand in hand with my raw denim. I just love the aesthetics of boots and haven't found that a couple inches of exposed ankle really provide any cooling benefits in hot weather.post #28460 of 1224165/20/12 at 3:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr.K
I am the same way, that is why I have one pair of boots and am debating on getting the LS CXL Jumpers when they come in. We have a short cold period in the Charlotte, so I find that my one pair of boots has only been worn maybe 5 or 6 times. I may skip them and get the Meermin double monks.
Where do you get the Meermin double monks?post #28461 of 1224165/20/12 at 3:26pmQuote:
I know this is the Alden thread, but regarding boots in hot weather, when you need boots for cold mornings and hot afternoons, what do you do? Especially when you still wear your boots in the evenings when it gets cold again?
I spoke to Vass about it and we decided, for exactly this reason, that we would use camel leather as an inner liner for the sock of a pair of Cordovan boots which I ordered MTO last year. I had to source the leather myself though, and I got it from an Australian supplier.
The difference is absolutely amazing.
Vass built the inner lining with a double lined stitched camel hide. The double hide is two fairly thin pieces of camel hide stitched together to form a really soft padding. The result is one heck of a soft inner, with nice tough but supple cordovan outer and promise you, nothing is cooler on your foot than camel hide inner lining in the heat, just like they used to use in old military desert campaign boots for the French Foreign Legion and the British Forces in Egypt and Palestine way back when.
If I could find somebody to change my Aldens to incorporate a camel leather sock lining I think I will have found my perfect boot.post #28462 of 1224165/20/12 at 3:38pmpost #28463 of 1224165/20/12 at 3:56pmpost #28464 of 1224165/20/12 at 4:18pmpost #28465 of 1224165/20/12 at 5:02pmpost #28466 of 1224165/20/12 at 5:09pmpost #28467 of 1224165/20/12 at 5:30pmpost #28468 of 1224165/20/12 at 5:34pmpost #28469 of 1224165/20/12 at 5:37pmpost #28470 of 1224165/20/12 at 5:40pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 51 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 2 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 2 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...