or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1880  

post #28186 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOxymoron View Post

man, i think i wanna be a shoemaker. they are just so beautiful, i can't stop admiring them. i need another pair of cordovan shoes.

rotflmao.gif You poor man
post #28187 of 122416
J Crew posted navy suede chukkas today. They are fully lined (like seemingly all of J Crew's suede chukkas), which you will like or you won't. They are also on Barrie, which you will like or you won't. Either way, these will sell out soon

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/shoes/PRDOVR~73525/73525.jsp
post #28188 of 122416
Alden's other suede chukkas on the Leydon look so much better...not sure why J Crew decided to put this one on the Barrie.
post #28189 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Alden's other suede chukkas on the Leydon look so much better...not sure why J Crew decided to put this one on the Barrie.

Basically all J Crew Aldens (except their loafers) have been in Barrie as far as I can tell. I like the Barrie last on the suede chukkas, but I don't like the lined aspect. With the normal suede chukkas, I need an E (thankfully, more stockists are ordering E widths in these narrow lasts).
post #28190 of 122416
On the topic of narrower / sleeker lasts - does anyone have an Alden Plaza or Aberdeeon boot in E width? If so, how do they fit? How about Leydon shoes in E widths?
post #28191 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Alden's other suede chukkas on the Leydon look so much better...not sure why J Crew decided to put this one on the Barrie.

It seems like lined chukkas are on the Barrie and unlined are on the Leydon.
post #28192 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

It seems like lined chukkas are on the Barrie and unlined are on the Leydon.

These are on Barrie:

http://www.tassels.com.hk/en/made_to_order_details.php?id=113
post #28193 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

It seems like lined chukkas are on the Barrie and unlined are on the Leydon.

good point, this is probably true....I think LSW is planning on putting out a lined navy suede chukka at some point too, I should check and see if that will be on the Barrie as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Basically all J Crew Aldens (except their loafers) have been in Barrie as far as I can tell. I like the Barrie last on the suede chukkas, but I don't like the lined aspect. With the normal suede chukkas, I need an E (thankfully, more stockists are ordering E widths in these narrow lasts).

yeah I don't really like the lined version either, it almost looks too much like a Clarks DB.
post #28194 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

These are on Barrie:
http://www.tassels.com.hk/en/made_to_order_details.php?id=113

after looking at these, I think it really is the lined aspect that I don't like about the J Crew version, rather than the Barrie last
post #28195 of 122416
http://unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Unlined_Chukka_Boot_in_Tan_Suede_1494_812.html


the jcrew chukkas are TOTALLY worth $55 more.

unlined or not, i'm surprised that Jcrew upcharges significantly more on suede and calf.
post #28196 of 122416
re: whiskey indy boots

wow. i need some whiskey in my life asap.
post #28197 of 122416
469

#8 NST loafers on Grant last today
post #28198 of 122416

Unionmade's new Navy Suede Blucher looks pretty good too. They call it an 'Oxford' which is incorrect, but whatever:

 

 

Arthur_Unlined_Suede_Oxford_in_Navy_1.jpg

 

 

http://unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Arthur_Unlined_Suede_Oxford_in_Navy_5234.html

post #28199 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

On the topic of narrower / sleeker lasts - does anyone have an Alden Plaza or Aberdeeon boot in E width? If so, how do they fit? How about Leydon shoes in E widths?

 

AoC Color 8 Wingtip on Leydon Last, E width.  I wear a 9D in the Barrie last but it's a little bit long.  The 9E on the Leydon fits me just right.  I'm glad Epaulet had their MTO's all on the Leydon, I have found that it is the best fit for me.  It isn't very sleek but then again neither is my foot.

 

photo.JPGphoto2.JPG

post #28200 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Basically all J Crew Aldens (except their loafers) have been in Barrie as far as I can tell. I like the Barrie last on the suede chukkas, but I don't like the lined aspect. With the normal suede chukkas, I need an E (thankfully, more stockists are ordering E widths in these narrow lasts).

 

Pretty much.  They had one pair of straight-tip bals on the Aberdeen last, the plain-toe boots, suede boots, and indy boots are all Trubalance, and the LHS were on the Van last.  Other than that, everything else is on the Barrie, as far as I'm aware.  I guess it's the most accommodating last, fits the most amount of feet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.