best/lightest whiskey ive seen thus far. almost looks like "natural" shell
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:32 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1869post #28021 of 1224165/14/12 at 10:43pmpost #28022 of 1224165/14/12 at 10:51pmpost #28023 of 1224165/14/12 at 11:08pmpost #28024 of 1224165/15/12 at 3:11amQuote:Originally Posted by HorseHide
There was no buyer, the listing was up for about 2 hours and then I all of a sudden I couldn't access it (it is still up but marked closed). Maybe I was reported (I've been known to piss off the occasional individual from time to time...) but I don't think so. I believe that the mod read my post and all of a sudden it's NO SOUP FOR YOU!
Ridiculous rule - all it does is make the item more expensive for the buyer (which means that less items - used and new - are sold), it isn't a revenue generator.
Sorry Horse. I made sure I changed all of my listings accordingly when I saw the thread. I understand the SF pov, they could be held liable in court if they don't do anything about people who publicly "conspire" to get out of the paypal fee. What sucks is that I almost never get full asking price for goods (and fairly, rarely ever pay it) on B&S, so...
It is what it is. Feel free to om me if you have 9Ds for sale...Quote:
I am, but they aren't sure about the arrival time, and my Ravello LWB and #4 Atom are not at all similar.Quote:
Agree, 100%. I love my whiskey NSTs but don't wear them much. It is nice though, if you have all your other bases covered to be able to reach a grab a pair in that hue.Quote:
I have the LS Jumpers, they rule. As far as shoe bags, prob my biggest gripe about Alden...not the bags, but the boxes. I store all my shoes under my bed in their boxes, and the boxes ALWAYS seem too small. Never really noticed until I grabbed a couple of Carminas...but if thats my biggest problem, I'll deal with it.post #28025 of 1224165/15/12 at 3:29ampost #28026 of 1224165/15/12 at 4:41amQuote:Originally Posted by localman
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Just received my Indy's back after they rebottomed them. They also replaced the the eyelets on the boot as well; as per my note in my discussion with them over the phone. In addition they replaced my busted shoe lace and sent me two pair of replacement laces for my #8 Cap-toe.Though they sent me the wrong laces as these are waxed round laces instead of the waxed flat laces.
Can post pics of the work if there is any interest.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)All in all I"m pretty happy with the speed of the repair and their looking into the further issue of the eyelets and addressing that problem as well. It was only a 3.5 week turnaround.
Now somebody buy my #8 Cap-toes! They are languishing in my signature!
no need to cry, imo. i'm interested in the pics of the work.post #28027 of 1224165/15/12 at 5:05amHey, I'm sure this has been discussed in the past but with all the recent changes and restrictions Alden has placed in the restoration process, I'm going to ask anyway.
Can alden relast a pair of boots or shoes to go up one width? the two pairs of shoes I'm selling would be perfect if they were a little wider, and then I wouldn't have to sell thempost #28028 of 1224165/15/12 at 6:24amQuote:Originally Posted by localman
I sent them to Alden since this was a factory defect. I had a problem where the sole was separating from the upper between the welt and the upper. Also I had a problem of the eyelets (not the speed hooks) starting to pull through the leather. They also replaced the heal of the insole.
Cool looking kitty.post #28029 of 1224165/15/12 at 7:27ampost #28030 of 1224165/15/12 at 8:17ampost #28031 of 1224165/15/12 at 8:21ampost #28032 of 1224165/15/12 at 8:43amQuote:Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Hey, I'm sure this has been discussed in the past but with all the recent changes and restrictions Alden has placed in the restoration process, I'm going to ask anyway.
Can alden relast a pair of boots or shoes to go up one width? the two pairs of shoes I'm selling would be perfect if they were a little wider, and then I wouldn't have to sell them
I was wondering the same thing about relasting a shoe down one width. I know someone posted here a couple months ago that Alden definitely did that in the past, but just like you said, I'm not sure if anyone has been able to get them to do it recently.post #28033 of 1224165/15/12 at 8:47amQuote:
I had an indy boot in 10E which was too wide for me. I inquired with Alden to see if they could re-last to a narrower width and they said no. I guess it never hurts to ask.post #28034 of 1224165/15/12 at 9:03ampost #28035 of 1224165/15/12 at 9:10am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1267 Active Users (253 Members and 1014 Guests)
- › Sartoria Partenopea 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › WTB: Rick Owens (RO) Intarsia Moto Collar S (48) 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 16 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...