or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1813  

post #27181 of 122416
4ujjpe.jpg
ravello lwb
argyles otc
post #27182 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Really, "tons" of compliments? I mean other than the occasional sales associate trying to make small talk in a store, what kind of people are you around that will stop you and comment on your shoes?
Just seems really odd to me that anyone would do this, other than sales associates in stores, friends, or really close family
Especially in NY where you could have two heads and not receive a second glance
edit: this is my 4000th post btw, I think I need some sort of plaque or gold star

People notice nice shoes. Part of the reason we all wear them.

One girl in an elevator in my APT building, two SAs at an RL store, and one couple at a restaurant table next to mine.
post #27183 of 122416
Is there a more exciting package to receive?

221
post #27184 of 122416
Uncle - the new Ravello gun boats look strong and ready for action. Enjoy!
post #27185 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithp3521 View Post

Is there a more exciting package to receive?
221

Quite frankly, no, although Blue Owl and Blue in Green are up there too.
post #27186 of 122416

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post


Really, "tons" of compliments? I mean other than the occasional sales associate trying to make small talk in a store, what kind of people are you around that will stop you and comment on your shoes?
Just seems really odd to me that anyone would do this, other than sales associates in stores, friends, or really close family
Especially in NY where you could have two heads and not receive a second glance
edit: this is my 4000th post btw, I think I need some sort of plaque or gold star

 

+1 for an excellent response.  Congrats on your 4,000th post.

post #27187 of 122416

Question:  Are my cordovan boots going to squeak forever?

post #27188 of 122416

I've been looking all over for a pair of Aldens in Ravello in 9.5. Where the hell do you find them? 

post #27189 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

I've been looking all over for a pair of Aldens in Ravello in 9.5. Where the hell do you find them? 

Alden of Carmel has them with the crepe sole. Email Adam as it looks like they have your size:

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Ravello_283.htm
post #27190 of 122416
Give up? Haha, I'm on a 1 year backorder for my ravello wingtip boots.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

People notice nice shoes. Part of the reason we all wear them.
One girl in an elevator in my APT building, two SAs at an RL store, and one couple at a restaurant table next to mine.



I agree with this as some people in Florida consider Cole Haan 'top of the line'. I wear Aldens and Crockett and I can't count the times I've heard 'are those made in Italy' or 'how much did those cost'. Haha, it's just become funny to me. lol8[1].gif
post #27191 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

I've been looking all over for a pair of Aldens in Ravello in 9.5. Where the hell do you find them? 

Alden SF and the Shoe Mart list various Alden models in ravello as being in stock in 9.5.... If you want a "basic" ravello cordovan model (PTB, chukka, maybe a longwing), call an Alden store and try to resere a pair in the next shipment.
post #27192 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post

Give up? Haha, I'm on a 1 year backorder for my ravello wingtip boots.
I agree with this as some people in Florida consider Cole Haan 'top of the line'. I wear Aldens and Crockett and I can't count the times I've heard 'are those made in Italy' or 'how much did those cost'. Haha, it's just become funny to me. lol8[1].gif

It's usually the same in Salt Lake. Cole Haan and Ecco baby. Anything else is foreign and exciting.
post #27193 of 122416
Haha, I remember my roommate one time bought some Ecco loafers, He was in a frat and had a party at the house (long story short, I lived in a frat house for a semester for free even though I wasn't in it) and I probably heard TEN guys that night 'man, nice Eccos bro!'


HAHAHAHAHA
post #27194 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post

Haha, I remember my roommate one time bought some Ecco loafers, He was in a frat and had a party at the house (long story short, I lived in a frat house for a semester for free even though I wasn't in it) and I probably heard TEN guys that night 'man, nice Eccos bro!'
HAHAHAHAHA

My friend noticed some Allen Edmonds I'd recently purchased (I think it was the Strand) and asked about the brand. He was all excited and said he wanted a pair of AEs. After going home and reviewing their offerings, he sent me a text and said he was considering the Bozemans...

allenedmonds_shoes_bozeman_black_l.jpg
post #27195 of 122416
Haha those look like some kind of water/diving shoes!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.