or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1810  

post #27136 of 122416
return them and get the #4 captoe boots that shoemart has
post #27137 of 122416
1/2 size to small baldy[1].gif if you decide to let them go i would be sooo very happy to catch these stunning beauties!
cheerio
Joachim
post #27138 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Took delivery of the Color 4 Wingtip boot today. These babies are gorgeous, but I'm having a hard time justifying them when I just got my Ravello WT boots not even 2 months ago.

The Color 4 is superb, but it is quite close to Ravello.

What say ye, fellow Alden aficionados?

Superb, enjoy wearing them! Keep them both & don't look back for this isn't a thread of frugality. Here's my ravello vs. #4 pictures under various lighting conditions…
IMG_0351.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg
IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0344.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg
post #27139 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Took delivery of the Color 4 Wingtip boot today. These babies are gorgeous, but I'm having a hard time justifying them when I just got my Ravello WT boots not even 2 months ago.

The Color 4 is superb, but it is quite close to Ravello.

What say ye, fellow Alden aficionados?

Superb, enjoy wearing them! Keep them both & don't look back for this isn't a thread of frugality. Here's my ravello vs. #4 pictures under various lighting conditions… Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_0351.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg
IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0344.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg

Indeed.
It blows my mind that some one's even questioning whether to keep the #4s.
post #27140 of 122416
ZippyH: I done Blew Your Mind !!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #27141 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Color 4 vs Ravello, continued:
Here are some pix in natural light. The natural light shows the differences much better. Going to be hard to part with these!
AldenWTboot4vsRavelloNaturalLight.jpg
AldenWTboot4vsRavelloNaturalLight2.jpg

wow, those color 4 boots are stunning. keep them for sure.

i've seen a lot of variation in the ravello color. sometimes more reddish (like color 4) and sometimes more brown (like a light cigar). in these pics they look like the latter, so i think there's enough difference to justify keeping them both. i also prefer the all eyelets and the black piping is nice.

i have a pair of ravello wt boots on pre-order from epaulet. been looking forward to them for a looong time.
post #27142 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Took delivery of the Color 4 Wingtip boot today. These babies are gorgeous, but I'm having a hard time justifying them when I just got my Ravello WT boots not even 2 months ago.

The Color 4 is superb, but it is quite close to Ravello.

What say ye, fellow Alden aficionados?

Superb, enjoy wearing them! Keep them both & don't look back for this isn't a thread of frugality. Here's my ravello vs. #4 pictures under various lighting conditions… Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_0351.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg
IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0344.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg

Indeed.
It blows my mind that some one's even questioning whether to keep the #4s.

Well said. Maybe the captoe would've been a better purchase, but these look great, and with #4 you take what you can get if you're that lucky. Love the all eyelets on the #4 boot, now let's see a pic of those in action.
post #27143 of 122416
Despite my general dislike of crepe soles, I think I like these boots. Any reason I should stay away from them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mens-Alden-Natural-Chrome-Excel-Cap-Toe-Boots-Crepe-Sole-10-5D-/110867102698?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item19d031bbea#ht_557wt_117

$(KGrHqN,!qoE88ffUZ!dBPlJUWEh!!~~60_57.JPG
post #27144 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

Despite my general dislike of crepe soles, I think I like these boots. Any reason I should stay away from them?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mens-Alden-Natural-Chrome-Excel-Cap-Toe-Boots-Crepe-Sole-10-5D-/110867102698?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item19d031bbea#ht_557wt_117
$(KGrHqN,!qoE88ffUZ!dBPlJUWEh!!~~60_57.JPG

Not unless you dislike comfort. wink.gif
post #27145 of 122416
EDIT: fuck it, i just ordered two pairs of indys.
Edited by AnOxymoron - 4/29/12 at 1:42pm
post #27146 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by terradilavoro View Post

worked on the shine over the weekend. what do you guys think?
barriepaprika.jpg
barriepaprika1.jpg

very nice...already getting a nice patina! these see a lot of sun?
post #27147 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOxymoron View Post

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask, but if I wear a 10 in vans authentics and a 9 in Clarks desert boots, is it safe to say I'd be a 9.5d in Alden Indys? That's what I just ordered, but I'm considering ordering a 9d as well.
also wear a 10d in LL Bean Ranger mocs.

Can somebody please create a Brannock app so we don't have to read any more of these !@#$% questions...
post #27148 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post

Can somebody please create a Brannock app so we don't have to read any more of these !@#$% questions...

Too much liability since there are confounding variables that cannot ensure accurate conversions. One of the reasons I mainly stick to 2 to 3 brands for the majority of my shoes, once I know the last and the fit, I'm set.
post #27149 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post



I really like these!

me too - will get my pair next monday:D
post #27150 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

very nice...already getting a nice patina! these see a lot of sun?

Thank you, mr chorizo,

hmm - no, not really a lot of because in sunny summertime i don't pick them out of the shelf very often.

cheerio
Joachim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.