or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1804  

post #27046 of 122416

Going down 1/2 size on the Barrie has worked very well for me.  However, I recognize that everyone has different feet.  Hope it works out for you.  The navy suede is an excellent shoe.

post #27047 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post





I don't think that's the point furo was trying to make.  But, yes, there isn't an online check out per se.  I went to the Beverly Hills store first.  I met Joe and tried on some shoes.  A couple weeks later I called in an order which was filled from LSW.  After that, I happened to inquire about the Kudu Indy which had just arrived as a restock.  I also inquired about a re-order on the suede PTB which LSW happened to have in my size (I thought it was sold out).

So, they are a B&M shop.  They like to meet their customers.  BUT they will take orders by phone or email.  However, I think they frown on returns or exchanges for size issues if you haven't been in for a fitting.  I get that message from their Order Page ( http://leathersoulhawaii.com/ordering-info-sizing/ ).

I sent an order form one time.  Once I was "on file", subsequent orders required a short email or phone call only.  No regrets so far.

Happy for those of you who are able to get Alden shoes from LS but they remain largely unobtainable in my experience. I don't have this issue with the six or seven other shops (also mostly brick and mortar) I call in Alden orders into. I called them last month to inquire about specific model shoes and experienced the same issue I remarked on the last time LS was discussed on this thread:

"yes we are receiving this shoes mid year", "no, we can't tell you if there are size X available in that order", "yes, we are doing another pre-order later this year, no you can't preorder", "no we can't tell you when we are taking the pre-orders"

Given the degree to which they cultivate their website, their previous sponsorship of this thread and their continued involvement in Style Forum, I would bet that they do a significant amount of offline/near-online business. The fact that they lack an online cart or some sort of e-commerce engine seems like "part of the charm" from a marketing perspective. Rather cheeky on their part eh? I tell you, it's all excellent marketing and positioning.

If they were strictly a brick and mortar shop their online presence would probably look more like the Alden Madison Ave shop and not a blog that is continuously updated with high-resolution pictures of their new wares, further fanning lust for their beautiful makeups. Unless you are already a customer, live in Hawaii or LA, you have a better chance of getting Alden shoes, especially in wider sizes, elsewhere. Alden SF, Alden Madison Ave, Alden DC, Shoemart, Leffot, etc..all appear to have a more democratic approach to selling shoes.

271
post #27048 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

Happy for those of you who are able to get Alden shoes from LS but they remain largely unobtainable in my experience. I don't have this issue with the six or seven other shops (also mostly brick and mortar) I call in Alden orders into. I called them last month to inquire about specific model shoes and experienced the same issue I remarked on the last time LS was discussed on this thread:
"yes we are receiving this shoes mid year", "no, we can't tell you if there are size X available in that order", "yes, we are doing another pre-order later this year, no you can't preorder", "no we can't tell you when we are taking the pre-orders"
Given the degree to which they cultivate their website, their previous sponsorship of this thread and their continued involvement in Style Forum, I would bet that they do a significant amount of offline/near-online business. The fact that they lack an online cart or some sort of e-commerce engine seems like "part of the charm" from a marketing perspective. Rather cheeky on their part eh? I tell you, it's all excellent marketing and positioning.
If they were strictly a brick and mortar shop their online presence would probably look more like the Alden Madison Ave shop and not a blog that is continuously updated with high-resolution pictures of their new wares, further fanning lust for their beautiful makeups. Unless you are already a customer, live in Hawaii or LA, you have a better chance of getting Alden shoes, especially in wider sizes, elsewhere. Alden SF, Alden Madison Ave, Alden DC, Shoemart, Leffot, etc..all appear to have a more democratic approach to selling shoes.
271

This.

It is pure marketing to say that you are "brick and mortar" operation, but then sell consistently to an online community through advertising on a blog.

Taking orders via email versus actually using an online shopping cart is no different. While I applaud their ability to maintain a decent margin on their products and solid demand, I'm not foolish to think that it is "primarily" a brick and mortar shop despite the bolded statements to the contrary on their website.

If you had a chart displaying total "in-store" sales vs the sum of phone or email sales, I bet we'd see some interesting numbers.
post #27049 of 122416
never had issues buying shoes online from leathersoul, dunno what you guys are doing wrong, dont order shoes posted on the blog in 2009 cause they will like be outofstock
post #27050 of 122416
I have purchased shoes from Leather Soul without issue - for me, if I see a model online that I like, I simply call the store(s) and ask if they have my size. If they do, great, if not, I move on. It seems like getting involved with pre-orders, reserving sizes in future runs, etc may be a bit more daunting for customers that haven't visited the store, but that's how they operate.
post #27051 of 122416
Tan suede longwings from Leffot, Barrie last, maiden voyage

467
Edited by Alcibiades - 4/27/12 at 9:01am
post #27052 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Tan suede longwings from Leffot, Barrie last maiden voyage
467

well done! I almost got these, but opted for the suede indy boots instead. these still look fantastic
post #27053 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Tan suede longwings from Leffot, Barrie last maiden voyage Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467

these look great....interestingly enough, on topic with the current conversation, I have this same pair on pre-order from Leather Soul. I didn't encounter any issues in the ordering process with them and can't wait to get my pair, hopefully in time for next Spring/Summer!
post #27054 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LImorowman View Post

  Anyone have pictures of Aldens that are many years old and still in rotation?
Thanks


the PTBs in this post are over 20yrs old:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/24210#post_5235010
post #27055 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Tan suede longwings from Leffot, Barrie last, maiden voyage
467

That is a beautiful shoe. I am on the wait list for a pair from LS also. I hope they do make it for next spring.
post #27056 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

some of Uncle Mac's Aldens are 10-15 years old. Pay close attention to his pics and the pristine condition.

I think I even remember seeing him post a pair of #8 LHS that were from the mid 80's...so much patina they looked like aged Cigar shell icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #27057 of 122416

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post


the PTBs in this post are over 20yrs old:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/24210#post_5235010

 

I don't know why anyone cares how old shoes are. A pair could be 20 years old but worn fewer times than another pair that is only a year old. The one year old pair would look older. 

 

In fact, in this link the owner says those shoes have only been worn a few times and have set in the back of a closet for years at a time. 

post #27058 of 122416

My JoS A Bank shoe trees have not shipped out yet. They seem really slow...

post #27059 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

My JoS A Bank shoe trees have not shipped out yet. They seem really slow...

2-3 days processing isn't really slow
post #27060 of 122416
Just got a call from TSM, #4 Wingtip is in and being shipped to me today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.