Really trying not to order these Cigar PTBs in 10.5E to see how they fit me. Pursuit of knowledge and all that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 10:21 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1796post #26926 of 1224164/25/12 at 1:08pmpost #26927 of 1224164/25/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
I thought I had those navy PTBs, and I would have hit you up if they didn't work out, but my order suddenly got cancelled by Shoemart yesterday. I jumped on them immediately, Friday -- called Shoemart, was asked to hold while they made sure they were in stock. After a few minutes I was told yes, they had them (the last time I ordered 2nds they actually inspected the shoes on the phone for me without asking, so I thought maybe she had located them physically). We completed the order, I got an order confirmation email right away. I was then issued a Fedex tracking number on Monday for Tuesday delivery. Fed Ex's site had registered it for pick-up. I was all excited to get them but Tuesday afternoon I got an email saying the shoes were "out of stock". Has this happened to anyone else? Seems odd that it got all the way to the point that FedEx had it down for pick-up before they realized they didn't actually have them.post #26928 of 1224164/25/12 at 1:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Todd V
Can you show us photos of the socks? Exactly how thick are they? For reference, I like these and find they improve the fit of the roomy Indy boot. My Indys are 1/2 size down.
Keep in mind that the fore part of the shoe is going to be wide but the heel should not be sloppy. Are you experiencing the normal heel slip or very, very sloppy heel?
The socks I've worn are thick-ass Wigwam hikers, probably close to the equivalent of the Fox's there. (The socks in the pics above, however, are thin dress socks.) I think the heel slippage is a little sloppy after wearing them for a week. If the litmus test was, Do I want to be wearing them trying to outrun a giant boulder? I'd have to say, no, I feel like they'd slow me down a bit.Quote:
Yes, correct, I would prefer the boot not have a sloppy fit. Andy it's not like the 9's are going to shrink, right? This is what the 8.5's look like. With dress socks, my feet slide in pretty easily. They are stiff and they is a bit of pressure on the outside of the widest part of my foot. They feel good in the heel area. I can't believe the difference in the width of the 9D and the 8.5D--at the widest point of the sole, the 9's are at least 1/4" wider.post #26929 of 1224164/25/12 at 1:37pm
RE: the shoes trees deal above, for me with sales tax and free shipping, it came to about $9.00/pair. Not a bad deal at all.
Now I need more Aldens to use them in...
Are there other things I should consider buying under that deal there too? I don't generally know much about that store.post #26930 of 1224164/25/12 at 1:39pmI just can't get down with the indys. I guess I've just got a younger mindset but I don't like the clunky look they give off to me. I love my LWB though and some people would say those are clunky so I guess I'm a hypocrite lmao.post #26931 of 1224164/25/12 at 1:43pmQuote:
They're actually pretty sleek compared to some other boots like Wolverine for example.post #26932 of 1224164/25/12 at 1:43pmpost #26933 of 1224164/25/12 at 1:53pmQuote:
It's funny you say that, because the first Alden shoe I saw IRL was an Indy boot. and from there I've gotten 2 pairs and pre-ordered a third. 2 of which are cordovan. LOLpost #26934 of 1224164/25/12 at 2:08pmpost #26935 of 1224164/25/12 at 2:16pmpost #26936 of 1224164/25/12 at 2:17pmpost #26937 of 1224164/25/12 at 2:32pm
I agree with your previous post. The boot can appear clunky because after all, the trubalance is a roomy last. However, if you size it right, it can look "sleek." The cigar indy is a size 12B. I went tts but went down in width. Fits my foot well, a tad long but worth the trade-offQuote:
this is what happened to me. Once I began purchasing shell, the indy was worn less and less until I finally sold it. Never looked backpost #26938 of 1224164/25/12 at 2:36pmpost #26939 of 1224164/25/12 at 2:37pmpost #26940 of 1224164/25/12 at 2:39pm
That's exactly what I'm realizing when looking at the pictures online. I really like the Leffot version with the commando sole.
I only saw the cxl indy in person, I'd like to see the cigar version in person.
BTW-while searching the web the past few days trying to find ravello in stock I stumbled across these:
cigar indys with no speed hooks and a crepe sole. free shipping and no tax so works out to about $775 shipped. a bit more than Leffot, however they have sizes in stock if you can't wait and like the no speed hook style.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 13 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors 24 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 24 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...