Uncle, Your PTBs are always a thing of beauty. Excellent looking ensemble.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1787post #26791 of 1224164/23/12 at 7:28pmpost #26792 of 1224164/23/12 at 7:43pmpost #26793 of 1224164/23/12 at 7:44pmpost #26794 of 1224164/23/12 at 7:59pmpost #26795 of 1224164/23/12 at 8:07pmpost #26796 of 1224164/23/12 at 8:08pmpost #26797 of 1224164/23/12 at 8:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by AldenLuver
If you're serious about wanting to purchase your first pair of Aldens and want to keep it around $300-400, call the Shoe Mart and ask them to e-mail you their list of seconds (irregulars) in your size. Chances are you can find a nice pair of shell cordovan black or color 8 Longwing bluchers (LWBs) or plain toe bluchers (PTBs) for $399, or similar calf versions for $299. Good luck!
Another good idea...i filled out the online form for the list but apparently that is unreliable, so I will give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully I can get lucky!post #26798 of 1224164/23/12 at 8:38pmQuote:
I have found some great deals on ebay, but sometimes you have to wait a little. Good luck and know your sizes.post #26799 of 1224164/23/12 at 8:57pmQuote:
if you can get a hold of Mark ask him for details about whatever shoe on the 2nds list that you have in mind to purchase. I've had good luck with minimal, sometimes nonexistent, defects, but others have had problems and would say 2nds are more trouble than they're worth...post #26800 of 1224164/23/12 at 9:28pmpost #26801 of 1224164/23/12 at 9:43pmpost #26802 of 1224164/24/12 at 12:42ampost #26803 of 1224164/24/12 at 1:36amLooking for a pair of Aldens in tan suede, but coming up empty handed.
My preferred shoe would be this longwing with plantation crepe soles. (apparently a customer's special order, featured a long while ago on the Inventory Magazine site; photo from there)
I wonder if there is any interest in a MTO for that longwing? I think the contrast of the tan suede with the planation crepe sole looks great!
But since this particular make-up, and tan suede longwings in general, seem to be out of stock everywhere, I would be willing to go for a PTB or chukka (in that order) in the tan suede.
Anyone know where I might find such creatures? (btw 11.5d in Trubalance)post #26804 of 1224164/24/12 at 2:07amlooking to buy a couple of pairs of shoes from TSM but wanted to know if they readily have the shoes in stock for immediate dispatch. I have emailed them but have not had any response plus i am based in the UK. How long do they usually take to dispatch orders and how quick is delivery on average within the USA?
Looking to get a pair of longwings in natural and ptb in cigar cordovanpost #26805 of 1224164/24/12 at 5:12am
April showers bring May flowers, and little welts on my shell cordovan shoes.
I've had good results with the Pegasus leather on the Black & Tan Indy boots from Epaulet, but I can't really wear them with a suit. What do my fellow Alden lovers wear on rainy days?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Two Ascots-Turnbull and Asser/Ben Silver 8 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 minutes ago
- › How to style a gilet, down vest or bodywarmer 35 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 36 minutes ago
- › Cigars 49 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 53 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 55 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...