Those CT's are stunning. Wear them in the best of health.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:17 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1768
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26507 of 1224164/18/12 at 5:38pmpost #26508 of 1224164/18/12 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by halberdklownQuote:
these look great! How can I go about contacting Kathy and checking to see if there is still a pair of those available?
Call her at 202-347-2308post #26509 of 1224164/18/12 at 5:42pmpost #26510 of 1224164/18/12 at 5:44pmIve had this exact thing happen to 3 pairs of Alden boots I've had.
First was a pair of indys. The shop I purchased them from tried to fix them (poorly) so they ended up being returned.
The second time it happened was on a pair of #8 tankers. Alden repaired them free of charge.
This past fall I purchased a pair of #8 captoe boots from j crew and it happened again (after wearing them less than 10x) They offered to repair them, but I just ended up returning them instead.
I have very low confidence in their boots at this point.Quote:Originally Posted by localman
Has this happened with anyone else's Indy's (or any other boots for that matter)?
Basically the upper is separating from the welt/sole of the shoe (the white you see is I assume the thread holding them all together. Just noticed this today, with nothing notable happening to cause this. Really starting to lose faith in the quality of Aldens as these boots are less than a year old. I get it the demand makes the QC go down or something like that but this should not be happening on a $450 dollar boot regardless of the reasoning. I mean hell this doesn't even happen on $100 boots. I'm starting to really question whether Aldens are worth the trouble. So far I've had speed hooks tearing out of $650 Cordovan boots, ugly wrinkles on $460 chukkas, and now this. Pretty disappointing.
Anyone else have experience with this? Is it an easy fix at a shoe repair?
Thanks in advance.post #26511 of 1224164/18/12 at 5:44pmpost #26512 of 1224164/18/12 at 5:46pmpost #26513 of 1224164/18/12 at 6:20pmQuote:
i agree with your conclusion. you only see the true color in natural lightpost #26514 of 1224164/18/12 at 6:22pmpost #26515 of 1224164/18/12 at 6:26pmpost #26516 of 1224164/18/12 at 7:26pmpost #26517 of 1224164/18/12 at 7:31pm
Quick cross post. I started a Hellbrand Leatherworks Appreciation thread. I wanted a belt to go with my Kudu Ultimate Indy boots, but I couldn't find what I wanted. Hellbrand made me a custom CXL belt at a reasonable price. It arrived today, and I ordered another one to match my LSxSE natural CXL conservation boots. The customer service is excellent.post #26518 of 1224164/18/12 at 7:32pmpost #26519 of 1224164/18/12 at 7:33pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 9 seconds ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Ordering custom Vibergs 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...