imo, not acceptable. the meeting point of the welt is sloppy, too. is this their current standard?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1759
Styleforum Top Picks
Need a bit of advice on fit/relasting.
I've had a pair of Indy 403s since September. I measure a true 7D on a Brannock device but a just slightly wide one. I was sized up at Alden NYC and between a 6D and 6E, but the 6D was just a bit tight on my instep when laced. I purchased a 6E, which fit well at first but they have since loosened considerably. Now the quarters close up all the way when laced and I still get a bit of slippage in the heel.
I am thinking of sending these to Alden to get relasted in a 6D. Do they still do this and would you all suggest it?
I did inquire recently about 'relasting' at Alden (making boot smaller) and politely they said 'No', adding that the leather is cut specifically for each boot and can not be resized. But hey email them, no harm Alden seeing many really require/wish this service.
Regards suggestions - most advised me not to even bother going down the resizing route - just sell the ones you have buy a pair a better fit. hagwe
Kathy at Alden DC still has a few pair of whiskey Indy boots available, and everyone needs a little whiskey in their life.
Thank you sir.
My latest aquisition - I do hope you Alden Lovers will accept this post
RL Marlow Wingtip Blucher by C & J
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice. Mine are much darker cigar. Thinking of selling too as they don't fit me great.
After looking at your other pics on flickr, I am going to guess these are on the barrie or trubalance.
Quick bit of advice needed... I own a pare of brown calf LWB and a pair of cigar shell LWB. I have a chance to pick up a pair of dark brown shell Crockett and Jones made for RL Marlow short wing tips for a real nice price ($690 tax included). Would this be a redundant purchase? Should I wait and pick up a pair of whiskey or ravello LWB? Or maybe a ravello wt boot? This will have to be the last pair I purchase for a while (maybe the year). I am a huge long wing aficionado
that's not really a steal price
they go down to 400something
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 47 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › ASSORTED OUTERWEAR! Dewmore topcoat, MA-1 Parka, Down Jacket. FREE... 6 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories