imo, not acceptable. the meeting point of the welt is sloppy, too. is this their current standard?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1759post #26371 of 1224164/15/12 at 12:37am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26372 of 1224164/15/12 at 3:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt
Need a bit of advice on fit/relasting.
I've had a pair of Indy 403s since September. I measure a true 7D on a Brannock device but a just slightly wide one. I was sized up at Alden NYC and between a 6D and 6E, but the 6D was just a bit tight on my instep when laced. I purchased a 6E, which fit well at first but they have since loosened considerably. Now the quarters close up all the way when laced and I still get a bit of slippage in the heel.
I am thinking of sending these to Alden to get relasted in a 6D. Do they still do this and would you all suggest it?
I did inquire recently about 'relasting' at Alden (making boot smaller) and politely they said 'No', adding that the leather is cut specifically for each boot and can not be resized. But hey email them, no harm Alden seeing many really require/wish this service.
Regards suggestions - most advised me not to even bother going down the resizing route - just sell the ones you have buy a pair a better fit. hagwepost #26373 of 1224164/15/12 at 3:52ampost #26374 of 1224164/15/12 at 8:30ampost #26375 of 1224164/15/12 at 8:41amQuote:
Kathy at Alden DC still has a few pair of whiskey Indy boots available, and everyone needs a little whiskey in their life.Quote:
Thank you sir.post #26376 of 1224164/15/12 at 8:42ampost #26377 of 1224164/15/12 at 9:41ampost #26378 of 1224164/15/12 at 9:48ampost #26379 of 1224164/15/12 at 9:58ampost #26380 of 1224164/15/12 at 10:24ampost #26381 of 1224164/15/12 at 10:33amQuote:Originally Posted by terradilavoro
My latest aquisition - I do hope you Alden Lovers will accept this post
RL Marlow Wingtip Blucher by C & J
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice. Mine are much darker cigar. Thinking of selling too as they don't fit me great.post #26382 of 1224164/15/12 at 12:21pmQuote:
After looking at your other pics on flickr, I am going to guess these are on the barrie or trubalance.post #26383 of 1224164/15/12 at 12:59pmpost #26384 of 1224164/15/12 at 1:36pmpost #26385 of 1224164/15/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by AldenLuver
Quick bit of advice needed... I own a pare of brown calf LWB and a pair of cigar shell LWB. I have a chance to pick up a pair of dark brown shell Crockett and Jones made for RL Marlow short wing tips for a real nice price ($690 tax included). Would this be a redundant purchase? Should I wait and pick up a pair of whiskey or ravello LWB? Or maybe a ravello wt boot? This will have to be the last pair I purchase for a while (maybe the year). I am a huge long wing aficionado
that's not really a steal price
they go down to 400something
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 51 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › 30% off Solden Stella Hotel Photo Galleries 3 minutes ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › White windowpane sport coat - Linen-cotton opinion 14 minutes ago
- › NEED NY NY proxy!!!! 16 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 17 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...