or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1725  

post #25861 of 122416
Man, aldens are some of the ugliest shoes
post #25862 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Cigar Longwings from Alden of Carmel
9.5E, Barrie
Double leather sole, antique edge trim
467
467
These are great shoes to dress up, BTW. I am wearing these this weekend to a wedding reception in a suit. Who said barrie last wasn't appropriate for dress wear...

enjoy wearing your cigars. cigar goes very well with a suit and tie
post #25863 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Gents, I am taking the whiskey Indy boots on the road with me this weekend... My destination may have rain tomorrow... I decided to apply Leatrher Defender to the Indy boots. Sprayed some onto a cloth, wiped the shoes down, buffed with horsehair. The product shined the boots up very nicely. I will report how they deal with any rain after the weekend.

overshoes would solve your problem
post #25864 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerkg View Post

Man, aldens are some of the ugliest shoes


As compared to what?

post #25865 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerkg View Post

Man, aldens are some of the ugliest shoes

Hmmm... you come into the absolute most pro-Alden thread that may exist on teh interwebz and make said negative comment...

320
post #25866 of 122416



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post

Gentlemen, I posted the following on the Alden MTO Forum Group Buy:

 

In 2009, Tassels offered the Alden Combat Boot in Black Smooth Calf -

 

http://www.tassels.com.hk/en/made_to_order_details.php?id=8

 

I am looking for 11 other people who would be interested in approaching Epaulet about a special order of these shoes.

 

- Trubalance Last (the only change I am proposing - originally came on Barrie last)

- Premium Extra Smooth Calf in Black

- Flat waxed shoes lace

 

- matching eyelets

- Rugged Commando Sole

 

- Pull tab

 

Alden Tassels Combat Boot.jpg

 

Gentlemen, nobody is offering this type of shoe - let's get this done now, so that it will be available by the fall.

Who's in?

Please go to

http://www.styleforum.net/t/248010/alden-mto-forum-group-buy/795#post_5320947

if you're interested -

 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post

The boot you describe seems very similar to the Blackbird ballard Hauff's Dept Store Boot

 

http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Alden_Hauff_s_Department_Store_Boot_II_21013.html

 



 


a little different: Blackbird's boot uses calf grain, as opposed to smooth calfskin - in addition, Blackbird has only one size in stock for their boot
 

 

post #25867 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellran View Post


Why not do it in shell? I'd be a definite yes if it were shell. I love calf but prefer the durability of shell. If you make it in shell I could see keeping them the rest of my life.


 Shell is beautiful, no doubt - however, finding a shell boot is very easy - however, finding a black calf skin boot, right now, is difficult - thus the MTO request

post #25868 of 122416
Hrm...so the pair of CXL cap toe boots I purchased are comfortable but I am noticing some pressure across the top of my feet where the upper meets the cap toe. This is my first cxl boot and my first captoe as well. Is this normal? Should I expect it to loosen a bit? It does not bother me too much but I tried on my other barrie-lasted shoes (chukka, lwb, ptb) last night that are all on the same size and none have the same pressure point.
post #25869 of 122416
Finally able to secure a six eyelet chukka from Leathersoul...
with my dog Biko admiring the new shoes...

7027641653_9db5521573_z_d.jpg[img]7027654125_6254cc7bdb_z_d.jpg
post #25870 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post



As compared to what?

The ones his mother wears, which are made of steel and have a distinct U shape. nod[1].gif
post #25871 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

Hrm...so the pair of CXL cap toe boots I purchased are comfortable but I am noticing some pressure across the top of my feet where the upper meets the cap toe. This is my first cxl boot and my first captoe as well. Is this normal? Should I expect it to loosen a bit? It does not bother me too much but I tried on my other barrie-lasted shoes (chukka, lwb, ptb) last night that are all on the same size and none have the same pressure point.
I cannot speak of the CXL cap toe but my shell cap toes do not have this.
post #25872 of 122416

Eh, do you mean you feel pressure over your toe all the time?

post #25873 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Cigar Longwings from Alden of Carmel
9.5E, Barrie
Double leather sole, antique edge trim
467
467
These are great shoes to dress up, BTW. I am wearing these this weekend to a wedding reception in a suit. Who said barrie last wasn't appropriate for dress wear...

These look terrific. A fantastic depth of colour and as you suggest are versatile enough to wear casually or with a suit. They look great against your Ralph Lauren herringbone pants.
post #25874 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post

Gentlemen, I posted the following on the Alden MTO Forum Group Buy:

 

In 2009, Tassels offered the Alden Combat Boot in Black Smooth Calf -

 

http://www.tassels.com.hk/en/made_to_order_details.php?id=8

 

I am looking for 11 other people who would be interested in approaching Epaulet about a special order of these shoes.

 

- Trubalance Last (the only change I am proposing - originally came on Barrie last)

- Premium Extra Smooth Calf in Black

- Flat waxed shoes lace

 

- matching eyelets

- Rugged Commando Sole

 

- Pull tab

 

Alden Tassels Combat Boot.jpg

 

Gentlemen, nobody is offering this type of shoe - let's get this done now, so that it will be available by the fall.

Who's in?

Please go to

http://www.styleforum.net/t/248010/alden-mto-forum-group-buy/795#post_5320947

if you're interested -

 

 

 

Moulded Shoe has something just like this in their new arrivals section.

 

41927A_(640x477).jpg

 

post #25875 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by onestar View Post


These look terrific. A fantastic depth of colour and as you suggest are versatile enough to wear casually or with a suit. They look great against your Ralph Lauren herringbone pants.


Just wore my cigar LWB's with a khaki-colored suit and tie, and got several compliments throughout the day.  They certainly dress up nicely!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.