I was going to guess Modified, but figured I might as well ask. Great Aldens and nice to know you've got the right width.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1718post #25756 of 1224163/27/12 at 1:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25757 of 1224163/27/12 at 2:53pmpost #25758 of 1224163/27/12 at 3:19pmpost #25759 of 1224163/27/12 at 5:23pmQuote:
Thanks. Your input is very helpful in that I just found a dealer nearby that will order in the #8 LWB for me at $550. Hard to pass up that price.
Now, what should my 2nd pair of Alden's be? Cigar chukka or PTB? Something in Revello seeing as I have a pair of J Gilbert Cigar Indy's on pre order?
Jasonpost #25760 of 1224163/27/12 at 5:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dbear
Subscribing to this thread could possibly end up being worse than reading TOJ or Epaulet daily...
...didn't intend on getting any Aldens until maybe Christmas. But, already ordered some color 8 shell chukkas....
...and now eyeing shell LWBs...the question is, whiskey or cigar? man...
And here is my contribution to your decision process. Love the light edge trim on the Cigar LWBs.post #25761 of 1224163/27/12 at 5:39pmpost #25762 of 1224163/27/12 at 5:57pmpost #25763 of 1224163/27/12 at 5:58pmQuote:
I find Whiskey to be the least adaptable color shell. I've owned whiskey LWB, whiskey tankers, whiskey chukka, whisky LHS, etc., etc. The only whiskey in my current wardrobe is a pair of SWB from Tassels HK and I wear them infrequently.post #25764 of 1224163/27/12 at 6:11pmQuote:
Whiskey should look great with anything tan calf looks good in.
I find whiskey looks great with denim in casual outfits in any format (boot, LWB, etc). Whiskey also looks great with any light or bright chinos - Nantucket red, light blue, white...
For some reason, I think whiskey looks stranger in more formal outfits when the same "tan" calfskin shoe would work great. Not sure exactly why this is.post #25765 of 1224163/27/12 at 6:12pmpost #25766 of 1224163/27/12 at 6:15pm
These look awesome, though I think they are more on the ravello side of the whiskey-ravello continuum than the whiskey side. Alden seems to churn out a variety of shell colors in between "true" ravello and "true" whiskey
Edit - take that back, these have almost none of the red/orange you get in ravello. Pure butterscotch coloring. Awesome pair of whiskeypost #25767 of 1224163/27/12 at 6:19pmpost #25768 of 1224163/27/12 at 6:21pmpost #25769 of 1224163/27/12 at 6:43pmQuote:
dont fret. ill sell you my size 12 boots for 90% off of my listing. act fast!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Currently, there are 1525 Active Users (398 Members and 1127 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...