would definitely cop if I didn't have the day trippers on pre order (of course, UM only has a sz 12 available)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 10/25/15 at 6:54pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1700
Styleforum Top Picks
My curiosity was more about the fact that many PTB do not have a pattern at all. There is no dover, nassau, or anything on the majority of PTBs. I prefer the aesthetic of the dover or nassau. I am not a fan of the PTB which is nearly a wholecut except for the lacing.
Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'll just continue being patient and watching the LSW site for a dover or nassau PTB that I like.
Interesting how these things fall under preferences. I intentionally purchased Whiskey PTBs due to the pseudo-wholecut look. I guess this preference explains why I have 4 balmoral wholecuts.
I got the same shoe from the Shoemart seconds list. Yes, Leydon. Definitely not Barrie as advertised on the Alden Madison Ave NY website.
I got a pair of 403s in 11.5C, just a bit tight, and they were seconds. The right was 1/4" or more shorter than the left. The stitching that's halfway down the boot on the right shoe was 1/2" lower than the left. They've been returned, so beware if you buy them from TSM.
I need to try a 12C sometime. Hoping that it works, the C looks a lot better than the D (IMO) in Trubalance.
Oh I love bal wholecuts, but something about the PTB with those flaps for lacing screams "walker" or "old man shoe" that I find disenchanting.
Want to double check with the experts, this is the cordovan chukka in color 8, barrie last?
Yeah how does one know any of the lasts from Barneys?
Some of you may recall that I was checking out the Kudu Indy. I really like the Kudu leather, but I had a hard time after seeing the Bureau boot. So I split the difference and put a deposit on the Kudu Ultimate Indy from Leather Soul. Oki stated that they expect a restock in about two or three months. Just an FYI for anyone interested.
great choice!! wear them in good health -
Regardless of who they are owed by, two weeks ago I confirmed my order with them and they didn't say a word about me being located in Ontario, Canada...
My main concern about doing this is weight... The navy seude Indy is one of the lightest Alden's I own sue to the brick sole, which works well for warmer months. I've handled the marble Indy, the crepe sole weighs it down a bit.
actually, if I recall, the bottom pair is the nassau, with its more angular stitch pattern, not unlike the chukka. the dover is more rounded and arch-like. The nassau also has fewer eyelets.
both are a nice variation, imo.
Alden of NY will be getting some in around the end of the summer or early fall. You may want to contact them and see if it's still possible to reserve one.
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 11 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › Dents Cashmere Lined Peccary Gloves 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 6 minutes ago
- › Size 42.5 NIB Vass Scotchgrain high boot. 3636 last. Leather sole 6 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories