Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 2:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1666post #24976 of 1224163/11/12 at 4:34pmtbh i don't really find aldens that comfortable. i bought a super cheap pair of the flex welt chukkas that i need to get resoled (previous owner apparently had REALLY strange feet..) and might throw them on a crepe sole and see what's up.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24977 of 1224163/11/12 at 4:38pmQuote:
comfortable how? I like the flex welt over a double leather because it conforms to my foot and i get no heel slippage. the downside is that i especially feel the impact every time I take a step. similar to wearing slippers I supposepost #24978 of 1224163/11/12 at 4:40pmjust in general. ive owned maybe 5, 6? pairs. i wouldn't buy a pair on the barrie/trubalance again - just a weird last shape. i have another pair on the aberdeen or grant (forget), which is better, but after a full day wearing them it's just not that comfortable.post #24979 of 1224163/11/12 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
I could see them as white sneaker replacements in a casual outfit... As a 20/21 year old, I wore denim, white sneakers (adidas, Nike dunks, whatever) and various shirts (buttondown shirts, poli shirts, etc). I could easily see someone a bit older replacing the sneakers with these, wearing upgraded denim and an upgraded shirt.
EDIT - You can wear those with any casual outfit you would wear white suede bucks with (i.e. any denim or chino, but no seersucker suits)
C'Mon.. Light Blue Seersucker suit + "Marble" = Hampton's Chic!!
post #24980 of 1224163/11/12 at 5:08pmpost #24981 of 1224163/11/12 at 5:27pmpost #24982 of 1224163/11/12 at 5:32pmQuote:
I have the same size in both and there is no heel slip. The Trubalance is actually wider in the heel than Barrie but you don't notice the difference if it's a boot.post #24983 of 1224163/11/12 at 5:56pmpost #24984 of 1224163/11/12 at 5:57pmpost #24985 of 1224163/11/12 at 5:58pmpost #24986 of 1224163/11/12 at 6:03pmpost #24987 of 1224163/11/12 at 6:03pmQuote:
+1, that's why I was praying my suede ptb's didn't come in a barrie last. Luckily they are indeed on the Leydonpost #24988 of 1224163/11/12 at 6:07pmpost #24989 of 1224163/11/12 at 6:14pmQuote:
True that NAMOR! Many thanks to REguy & all the fellow thread mates that added their input to create that Alden last chart.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 1319 Active Users (272 Members and 1047 Guests)
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 45 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 47 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 59 seconds ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?