or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1635  

post #24511 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Basically never.
If you use polish on shell it doesn't really get absorbed properly, because it's impregnated with waxes & oils.
Kinda hangs out on the top and looks cloudy. Nasty really.
Google "mac method"... seems to be preferred round here.

Or look here for all of your Alden questions!
http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/24480#post_5254214
post #24512 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Got a nice surprise today... bought a pair of shoes online for $100 that were listed vaguely as alden "oxfords" with a terrible picture... I could see they were brogued, but that was about it. They turned out to be alden for jcrew cordo longwings in a stunning shade of burgundy, nearly black with purple highlights. I've been after a shoe like this for years. Needed to brag somewhere... my wife was just like "they look a lot like other shoes you own." shog[1].gif
350

Sweet snag. That's like an Ebay dream. Congrats - you'll love them
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Figured i would repost....
Sapir users - what color do you use for Color 8....Mahogany or Burgandy?
Also do peeps use shoes trees in their Indy and various other boots?

For Color 8 I use Saphir Bordeaux.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I use wax every 10 wears or so. A lot of guys say never but it seems everyone from Mac to Alden itself recommends occasional use of wax polish.

This. A lot of it has to do w/ personal taste and severity of wear, but try to err on the side of "less is more."
post #24513 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Got a nice surprise today... bought a pair of shoes online for $100 that were listed vaguely as alden "oxfords" with a terrible picture... I could see they were brogued, but that was about it. They turned out to be alden for jcrew cordo longwings in a stunning shade of burgundy, nearly black with purple highlights. I've been after a shoe like this for years. Needed to brag somewhere... my wife was just like "they look a lot like other shoes you own." :embar:
350


Awesome! God bless you, brother...

post #24514 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I can't wait to break out the suede shoe collection...

what are you waiting for?
post #24515 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

I don't see what's so horrible about those corduroy pants. I personally think the color combination is great. Not everyone is into raw denim with 4'' of stacking.


Thank You for the support !! Tan corduroy's with "Midnight" blue Indy's....Priceless!! Wait till I wear them with my Seersuckers!!

post #24516 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


FALSE. Cord pants in wheat are baller as fuck. That poster has some of the best pants in the thread


THANKS!! What did I tell you...they were IRRESISTABLE!! Wear yours in good health. I am sure they are going to turn some heads !! 

 

post #24517 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Got a nice surprise today... bought a pair of shoes online for $100 that were listed vaguely as alden "oxfords" with a terrible picture... I could see they were brogued, but that was about it. They turned out to be alden for jcrew cordo longwings in a stunning shade of burgundy, nearly black with purple highlights. I've been after a shoe like this for years. Needed to brag somewhere... my wife was just like "they look a lot like other shoes you own." :embar:
350


You should brag. Well Done!! Enjoy.

 

post #24518 of 122416
Where's the cheapest retailer that sells first quality Alden 990, plain toe blucher, in color 8 Shell Cordovan?
post #24519 of 122416
A brand new pair of Cigar longwings, mail ordered from the Alden Shop. I was surprised they didn't have stacked soles, but I prefer these plain ones.

233

233
post #24520 of 122416
Just put up a pair of NIB black shell Jumper Boots in 8.5D, for anyone who's interested:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/290714/alden-leather-soul-black-shell-cordovan-jumper-boots-size-8-5d-nib
post #24521 of 122416
Alright guys im thinking of getting another pair of alden... but not sure which one.. Im trying to get one pair which is versatile enough to pair it with denim,chinos,and suits and so..

The Cigar SWB or LWB (epaulet makeup) or the Daytripperboot(ravello)?

or any other pair you guys recommend?
post #24522 of 122416
The two navy suedes side by side

6952162463_112bd0c756.jpg


I think I will keep both. Indy I can wear with light denim, chinos, etc. Chukkas I can wear with lightweight grey wool pants, seersucker, shorts, etc. I really like how the stitching on the indy matches the welt and how the red brick sole (which is not as red as some of the McNairy shoes you see) balances it. I also like the tan laces on the chukka...
post #24523 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

The two navy suedes side by side
6952162463_112bd0c756.jpg
I think I will keep both. Indy I can wear with light denim, chinos, etc. Chukkas I can wear with lightweight grey wool pants, seersucker, shorts, etc. I really like how the stitching on the indy matches the welt and how the red brick sole (which is not as red as some of the McNairy shoes you see) balances it. I also like the tan laces on the chukka...

Wow! Nice blue suede make-ups, they look great enjoy wearing them.
post #24524 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

The two navy suedes side by side
6952162463_112bd0c756.jpg
I think I will keep both. Indy I can wear with light denim, chinos, etc. Chukkas I can wear with lightweight grey wool pants, seersucker, shorts, etc. I really like how the stitching on the indy matches the welt and how the red brick sole (which is not as red as some of the McNairy shoes you see) balances it. I also like the tan laces on the chukka...


Picture Perfect!! Enjoy!

post #24525 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post



THANKS!! What did I tell you...they were IRRESISTABLE!! Wear yours in good health. I am sure they are going to turn some heads !! 

hey, to each their own, but I wear a 31 waist. if i wore 4-wale corduroy i would look fat. also, "baller" is a hilarious term to use in this thread. tounge.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.