or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1602  

post #24016 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

http://aldenmadisonny.com/index.html

Thank you.
post #24017 of 122416
Never owned a pair of Aldens before, how do these look for a pair of rejects? Any serious faults I should see that are unfixable? Anything that I can treat to make better?

232
232
232
post #24018 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post



Yes, I'm already doing that. It's becoming a ritual. Watch Fox News - buff until arm hurts! I have been wearing these pretty much non stop since Saturday - the shell is beginning to feel incredible around my foot, it really has a much more different feel from calfskin, kind of hard to put into words.

Wearing non stop since Saturday?

Not good.
post #24019 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Wearing non stop since Saturday?
Not good.

Fuck that - watching Fox News? Not good.
post #24020 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post



Yes, I'm already doing that. It's becoming a ritual. Watch Fox News - buff until arm hurts! I have been wearing these pretty much non stop since Saturday - the shell is beginning to feel incredible around my foot, it really has a much more different feel from calfskin, kind of hard to put into words.

Try to limit wearing your shells (or any good pair of shoes for that matter) to twice a week at most, most of us are now at once a week (at the shortest time interval) for each pair of cordovan
post #24021 of 122416
Also, thanks to Leather Soul for prompt shipping of the CXL chukkas - I received them on Monday (holiday delivery!) and wore them the same day, chromexcel has its own unique, attention grabbing glow in the sun. Pictures soon.

Next up - Cigar longwings from AoC (hopefully by April)
post #24022 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Try to limit wearing your shells (or any good pair of shoes for that matter) to twice a week at most, most of us are now at once a week (at the shortest time interval) for each pair of cordovan

jeez..that means I need to buy 4 more pairs of shell? biggrin.gif I don't wear my Aldens (calf or shell) two days in a row, I tend to give them 2 days to air out.
post #24023 of 122416
Newo: where did you get those?
post #24024 of 122416
limiting to 2x a week seems overly cautious. on business trips I'll often go 2 or 3 days in a row and all is fine. Exposed leather soles will get chewed up if worn constantly while wet, but in general I see no reason why wearing a given pair 3 or 4 times a week is a problem.

again, if it's raining thats a different story, and if it's really warm out (sweat) that's a different story.
post #24025 of 122416
Wore my #8s yesterday on the motorcycle and got a couple nice scratches form my kickstand. Hell Yes. Can't wait to see how they look in a couple years of abuse.

Today I'm in my black shells, walking and bussing it.

Just remember, Indy Jones wore his 7 days a week, through rivers, jungles, forests, and mayan temples! wink.gif
post #24026 of 122416
indy didnt wear shell cordovan though smile.gif
post #24027 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

limiting to 2x a week seems overly cautious. on business trips I'll often go 2 or 3 days in a row and all is fine. Exposed leather soles will get chewed up if worn constantly while wet, but in general I see no reason why wearing a given pair 3 or 4 times a week is a problem.
again, if it's raining thats a different story, and if it's really warm out (sweat) that's a different story.

This is fair, the official advice is to not wear your shows two days in a row (I think alden says skip at least two days on its shoe tree boxes). Most guys in this thread seem to have 5+ pair of shoes (and presumably sneakers or whatever for casual), so people can rotate in an out.
post #24028 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

This is fair, the official advice is to not wear your shows two days in a row (I think alden says skip at least two days on its shoe tree boxes). Most guys in this thread seem to have 5+ pair of shoes (and presumably sneakers or whatever for casual), so people can rotate in an out.

It doesn't matter that much. Sure, your shoes will last longer if you don't wear them 2 days in a row but it's not like if you do, they will fall apart. I've been on trips where I wore mine every day for a week and I bet the lifespan was not even affected.
post #24029 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post


Fuck that - watching Fox News? Not good.


Yes, very good! ;  )

post #24030 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Try to limit wearing your shells (or any good pair of shoes for that matter) to twice a week at most, most of us are now at once a week (at the shortest time interval) for each pair of cordovan


 

Hehe thanks A, but that isn't going to happen, 4-5 days a week. Heck the reason why I got them wet was because I was hiking in them. Shell is one of the toughest leathers known to man! I told this story here before - my Dad had two pair of shells - one he kept for church and formal functions, the other were his work shoes - he wore them everyday - he was a short haul truck driver, in and out in all kinds of weather - those shoes last 30+ years (with numerous re-solings). Now he did wear rubbers when there was snow or ice but never for simple rain.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.