Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1581  

post #23701 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

facepalm.gif .... it's not 200 off if they've been worn. You can't compare cost of new shoes vs used ones
Never mind... Price is not low enough for first qualitys that have been worn 4 times....returning ....
post #23702 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

Can anyone identify this last?
img_0013-1_2.jpg
img_0016-1_2.jpg
Thanks.

Barrie last on a crepe sole
post #23703 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

Can anyone identify this last?
img_0013-1_2.jpg
img_0016-1_2.jpg
Thanks.

Barrie as noted right on the website…

http://www.fransboonestore.com/en/alden-x-fransboone-cigar-cordovan-workboot.html
post #23704 of 122416

I sold some Alden color 8 loafers on *bay which the buyer wants to return.  He says they fit like 11.5 when they are marked 11 D.  Is it possible that shell could stretch 1/2 size?  If anyone is interested, PM me.  Thanks

post #23705 of 122416
Well, anyone around here asking if shell stretches gets a resounding no from some very knowledgeable parties. My guess is that a half-size difference is highly improbable. Seems to be me that if they are marked 11 and were sold as 11 then it is a clear case of periculum emptoris. Of course, it is your seller rating.
post #23706 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

Barrie as noted right on the website…
http://www.fransboonestore.com/en/alden-x-fransboone-cigar-cordovan-workboot.html

Does this boot exist in double leather or commando sole? I'd like a Indy style boot but in Grant or Barrie.
post #23707 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgein View Post

I sold some Alden color 8 loafers on *bay which the buyer wants to return.  He says they fit like 11.5 when they are marked 11 D.  Is it possible that shell could stretch 1/2 size?  If anyone is interested, PM me.  Thanks

Is it on the Barrie last? Could it be so simple as the fact that your buyer didn't understand that a 11D on Barrie fits like a 11.5D TTS shoe?
post #23708 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post


3 eyelets kill 2, for me, in a chukka. Who knows how nice they look in real life though.


I agree with the 3 eyelets, but AE is a far cry from Alden. 

post #23709 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldenLuver View Post



I agree with the 3 eyelets, but AE is a far cry from Alden. 

Debatable. At least the AE brogued offering won't be missing any perfs.biggrin.gif
post #23710 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan031 View Post

Does this boot exist in double leather or commando sole? I'd like a Indy style boot but in Grant or Barrie.

That's tough, most cigar Indy boots are on the trubalance. Leffot carries the cigar Indy with the commando sole on the trubalance, and Alden NYC carries it on the double leather sole but in trubalance as well. Could always purchase the Frans Boone make-up and have a cobbler like B Nelson resole them to your liking if the Barrie last is a must.
post #23711 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

A link to what? If you're outside the EU you subtract the VAT which is 20%. Upon checkout the VAT will be deducted. This issue arose yesterday in regards to Frans Boone.

If the vendor ships by UPS, you'll pay that 20% back in customs fees, though, unless the vendor is willing to mark a low value on the customs form for you.

So much misinformation lately (not aimed at you CTYGGG).

1. Frans Boone is in Netherlands. VAT is 19% there. And to figure out what you'll pay less VAT, you don't take 19% off the top. Divide the vat included price by 1.19. (It's an exercise for the reader to determine how to do this for a 20% VAT.)
2. Frans Boone ships via UPS or Fedex outside of Benelux region. It says so right on their web page.
3. You shouldn't be having to pay any customs for made in USA goods entering the USA. You may or may not get hit with brokerage fees. Fedex charges $25. Don't know what UPS charges but it's probably similar. DHL is under $10 I think. And if you do happen to be buying UK or Italian made shoes, the customs rate should be around 9%.
Even if you get a shipment via global mail/usps, there's still a chance you could get hit with customs although it's unlikely.
And of course more than likely, you're also supposed to be sending in your state use tax.

Also there is some level of Fedex service which includes the brokerage. I know that the Bureau Belfast uses that level of service. Their shipping is expensive (30gbp I think) but I've never received a customs bills due to a package sent from them and I receive it within a couple days. Given how much Frans Boone is charging for shipping perhaps they're using that service. This is pure speculation on my part.
post #23712 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

That's tough, most cigar Indy boots are on the trubalance. Leffot carries the cigar Indy with the commando sole on the trubalance, and Alden NYC carries it on the double leather sole but in trubalance as well. Could always purchase the Frans Boone make-up and have a cobbler like B Nelson resole them to your liking if the Barrie last is a must.

that's too bad...I just want a Indy boot style but in a slimmer profile.
post #23713 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post


Is it on the Barrie last? Could it be so simple as the fact that your buyer didn't understand that a 11D on Barrie fits like a 11.5D TTS shoe?


Alden's LHS loafer is on the Van last which runs large like the Barrie.

post #23714 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan031 View Post

that's too bad...I just want a Indy boot style but in a slimmer profile.

LeatherSoul did make up in the Indy Boot on the Plaza last a little while back.
post #23715 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

So much misinformation lately (not aimed at you CTYGGG).
1. Frans Boone is in Netherlands. VAT is 19% there. And to figure out what you'll pay less VAT, you don't take 19% off the top. Divide the vat included price by 1.19. (It's an exercise for the reader to determine how to do this for a 20% VAT.)
2. Frans Boone ships via UPS or Fedex outside of Benelux region. It says so right on their web page.
3. You shouldn't be having to pay any customs for made in USA goods entering the USA. You may or may not get hit with brokerage fees. Fedex charges $25. Don't know what UPS charges but it's probably similar. DHL is under $10 I think. And if you do happen to be buying UK or Italian made shoes, the customs rate should be around 9%.
Even if you get a shipment via global mail/usps, there's still a chance you could get hit with customs although it's unlikely.
And of course more than likely, you're also supposed to be sending in your state use tax.
Also there is some level of Fedex service which includes the brokerage. I know that the Bureau Belfast uses that level of service. Their shipping is expensive (30gbp I think) but I've never received a customs bills due to a package sent from them and I receive it within a couple days. Given how much Frans Boone is charging for shipping perhaps they're using that service. This is pure speculation on my part.

Zippyh, thanks for setting the record straight. My VAT math is rusty and I apologize for any misinformation on my part.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.