or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1559  

post #23371 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

If that's how your GFs is, then man, I feel sorry for you.

thanks. they can be handful. especially if they are both in the same room with me facepalm.gif
post #23372 of 122416
does anyone have some pics of Alden shell in Color #6 next to Cigar?

wondering what kind of difference there is, #6 is probably closer in color to ravello?....
Edited by furo - 2/10/12 at 7:09pm
post #23373 of 122416
I've signed up for the shoemart but never get an email. I just call the customer service and ask of they have something in stock.
post #23374 of 122416
Fyi Captoe Boots are still in the B&S thread, now for 450.00 shipped, also a pair of Alpine longwing Jcrew model.... For 300.00. Just giving everyone the heads up.
post #23375 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

does anyone have some pics of Alden shell in Color #6 next to Cigar?
wondering what kind of difference there is, #6 is probably closer in color to ravello?....

I've never seen #6 cordo in Alden. Ron Rider has some though.
post #23376 of 122416
Because it comes up so often here, I'd like to remind everyone of the fit guidelines from Alden:


1. Put both shoes on. If they are lace oxfords, tie them both as you normally would.
2. Stand up and, with your feet about 8-12" apart, have the sales person check the
position of your feet in the shoes. The balls of your feet should be at the widest
part of the shoes.
3. Wiggle your toes; they should have real freedom of movement throughout the
forepart of the shoe.
4. Backpart fit should be snug but not over tight. As the outsoles flex and "break-in",
small initial amounts of slipping at the heel should disappear. Going to a smaller
size to eliminate ALL initial heel slipping can result in a fit that is just too tight,
especially in slip-on models.

Try not to depend upon breaking in to loosen up a tight feel. Goodyear welt
construction and quality selection of leathers result in a very strong shoe. Try for
a size that feels good right from the start.



from: http://aldenshoe.com/q1.htm
post #23377 of 122416
We do people here think of the upcoming Self Edge / LS Alden boots?:

288
232

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/self+edge

I really can't decide if they are super cool or a bit too out there.

Trubalance last: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/01/12/lsxse-preview-2/
post #23378 of 122416
looking for a black shoe to wear with suits. any suggestions. im thinking black shell balmoral captoes on aberdeen?
post #23379 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


+1. I think if Mac every day I log into this thread


Thats an awesome comment! So funny, yet pretty understandable. Alden needs to make a "Mac" makeup.

 

No homo.

 

post #23380 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

We do people here think of the upcoming Self Edge / LS Alden boots?:
288
232
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/self+edge
I really can't decide if they are super cool or a bit too out there.
Trubalance last: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/01/12/lsxse-preview-2/

Is that a crepe sole? if so then def pass... if not I wouldn't mind the black... not a fan of the natural leather color regardless of model
post #23381 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


+1. I think if Mac every day I log into this thread


Thats an awesome comment! So funny, yet pretty understandable. Alden needs to make a "Mac" makeup.

 

No homo.

 

post #23382 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

We do people here think of the upcoming Self Edge / LS Alden boots?:
288
232
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/self+edge
I really can't decide if they are super cool or a bit too out there.
Trubalance last: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/01/12/lsxse-preview-2/

I saw these at the Self Edge store in SF. They look better in person. They are a bit too fashion forward for my taste, but I can see how someone younger and hipper might like them.
post #23383 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Is that a crepe sole? if so then def pass... if not I wouldn't mind the black... not a fan of the natural leather color regardless of model

I don't believe it's a crepe sole per se. It's some sort of rubber sole though.
post #23384 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Because it comes up so often here, I'd like to remind everyone of the fit guidelines from Alden:

1. Put both shoes on. If they are lace oxfords, tie them both as you normally would.
2. Stand up and, with your feet about 8-12" apart, have the sales person check the
position of your feet in the shoes. The balls of your feet should be at the widest
part of the shoes.
3. Wiggle your toes; they should have real freedom of movement throughout the
forepart of the shoe.

4. Backpart fit should be snug but not over tight. As the outsoles flex and "break-in",
small initial amounts of slipping at the heel should disappear. Going to a smaller
size to eliminate ALL initial heel slipping can result in a fit that is just too tight,
especially in slip-on models.

Try not to depend upon breaking in to loosen up a tight feel. Goodyear welt
construction and quality selection of leathers result in a very strong shoe. Try for
a size that feels good right from the start.

from: http://aldenshoe.com/q1.htm

I never liked the extra room at the toe box but Alden and Red Wing kept on telling me this. While I followed their suggestion and was okay with it, if I like snug fit, can I size down extra half on everything?
post #23385 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

does anyone have some pics of Alden shell in Color #6 next to Cigar?
wondering what kind of difference there is, #6 is probably closer in color to ravello?....

no, it's just different, #6 is more in the red family (not as dark as #8, not as red as #4) than the brown (cigar/ravello) family.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.