Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 7:01 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1543post #23131 of 1224162/8/12 at 10:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23132 of 1224162/8/12 at 10:41ampost #23133 of 1224162/8/12 at 10:55amQuote:
Or, if you're negligent and careless like me, you drop shoes off at a FedEx drop-off location in a business building (hence not get receipt confirmation), and realize 2 weeks later (waiting to get the credit) that the package was never picked up! Hence my shoe size experiment cost me $317.00.
I wonder after almost 2 months if I can stil file a stolen property report with the police...post #23134 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:14amQuote:
Sorry, I can't really comment on what Aldens are coming. You can try emailing Spencer and see if he knows anything that might be arriving soon.
Rest assured that there are A LOT styles in the works for the next year or so!post #23135 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:27ampost #23136 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:27am
Does anyone have suggestions for shell care and polishing? High gloss? I was told I can do a spit shine using plain old Kiwi wax/polish (i.e. cordovan color for my color 8 LWB). I thought I had read before that you shouldn't use regular shoe polish on shells. I was also told that the Alden paste wax is really more of a cream and couldn't be used with a spit shine because of its texture. Any thoughts? thanks...post #23137 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:27ampost #23138 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:30ampost #23139 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:30ampost #23140 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:32amQuote:Originally Posted by ceoceo
Warning: The pictures below might be a Kudu boner assassin Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not sure it's due to the Kudu. Frankly, I think the Barrie lasted Alden Chukka is one of the shoes with the worst broken in looks around. Some of the shell models that people post on here look absolutely horrible with huge waves from just behind the toe stiffener all the way up to the middle of the vamp.
I like shell, and its ripples, but that looks terrible IMO.post #23141 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:35am
I've got a question for the group. As a noob, I'm curious as to how long it normally takes to break-in a calfskin NST Barrie last. I ask because I've worn these shoes about 12 times in the last month, and they still feel like I just took them out of the box.
Andrewpost #23142 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:39ampost #23143 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:52amQuote:
If you want a weird size, then why wouldn't they require a non-REFUNDABLE deposit? If it's a size they would order in their run anyways, it would seem a bit odd.post #23144 of 1224162/8/12 at 11:56am
Quote:Originally Posted by AldenLuver
Does anyone have suggestions for shell care and polishing? High gloss? I was told I can do a spit shine using plain old Kiwi wax/polish (i.e. cordovan color for my color 8 LWB). I thought I had read before that you shouldn't use regular shoe polish on shells. I was also told that the Alden paste wax is really more of a cream and couldn't be used with a spit shine because of its texture. Any thoughts? thanks...
The standard recommendation is just buff and brush them. All of the ridiculous shine pictures you see in this thread are done sans polish, if I'm not mistake.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 10 minutes ago
- › Help with identifying these ray bans 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.