or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1524  

post #22846 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post



ok, thanks - I wish they had an online store, the Alden X Obscura boots look really nice

Just contact Wallace at Tassels. You can get the e-mail from the web. I ordered both the Obscura boot and shoe form them and did it all over the net. They are very easy to deal with and ship fast.
post #22847 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Kudu is increasingly looking like a must own leather. I may get in the longwings when they are back next fall/winter...

They are very nice; I kicking myself a little bit for not ordering them from Leffot last month -

The Bureau has them now in limited sizes, and I like the antique edge on them -

Alden The Bureau Kudu Long Wing.jpg

post #22848 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post


Epaulet is doing a preorder for an Obscura-inspired boot in ravello, so no need to fly to Hong Kong...They also are long gone by now.
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1373/Alden-Ravello-Shell-Semi-dsh-Brogue/Detail


I saw - thanks!

post #22849 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post


Just contact Wallace at Tassels. You can get the e-mail from the web. I ordered both the Obscura boot and shoe form them and did it all over the net. They are very easy to deal with and ship fast.


just out of curiosity, was the mark up pretty bad (i.e. to over $1,000)? If so, that counts me out -

post #22850 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc2000 View Post


Quote:


Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

What's t he 379X last? Anyone know how it compares fit-wise to the Barrie?




There is not a lot of information regarding the 379X floating around. As you probably know, some Japanese only models use this last. Subsequently, some factory seconds stayed ashore and are available from at least one US Alden retailer. The Japanese distributor describe this as the "military" last used for US military officer's dress uniform shoes, i.e. a particularly comfortable last for the military personnel. I am not sure how much of this is marketing hype vs. truth. In any case, IMO, I will describe 379X to be similar to the Modified, but overall smaller. The 379X has high arch support, but less so than the Modified. Volume around the toe box is smaller. For the same number size, I found the 379X to be quite a bit tighter than the Modified and Barrie.


Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post

Gents, can anyone please inform me about the 379X last? I understand that it is the last used for WWII boots - to what last would it equate to (TruBalance/Barrie/etc.)? Thanks

thanks for the info!!

post #22851 of 122416

For anyone who hasn't been following the other threads, we're looking to make a Cigar SWB on the Leydon last with Epaulet. Here's a link to a survey, in case anyone here is interested.

 

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dDNmOWVGaC1TZEdyT0tGdmxwQUwwQ3c6MQ#gid=0

 

and results: 

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtJNXI0csKY2dDNmOWVGaC1TZEdyT0tGdmxwQUwwQ3c

post #22852 of 122416
hello all
did any one get barrie last indy boot in color 8 that alden sf recently made?

thanks
post #22853 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by abam View Post

For anyone who hasn't been following the other threads, we're looking to make a Cigar SWB on the Leydon last with Epaulet. Here's a link to a survey, in case anyone here is interested.


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dDNmOWVGaC1TZEdyT0tGdmxwQUwwQ3c6MQ#gid=0



 



and results: 



 



https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtJNXI0csKY2dDNmOWVGaC1TZEdyT0tGdmxwQUwwQ3c



I would consider ordering but I already own the RL Darlton (which is basically the same shoe as this with better construction and can be had for ~475 twice a year). We really need to do a balmoral order in cigar, ravello or whiskey...
post #22854 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

Just contact Wallace at Tassels. You can get the e-mail from the web. I ordered both the Obscura boot and shoe form them and did it all over the net. They are very easy to deal with and ship fast.

Wallace is boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post



just out of curiosity, was the mark up pretty bad (i.e. to over $1,000)? If so, that counts me out -

They quoted me ~875 for some whiskey NST boots (I couldn't use them, not my size)

For US based guys, it can be worth paying the markup for some of their special makeups (I'll pay to get the captoe boot in barrie vs grant, for example), but there are obviously other options for more basic Aldens
post #22855 of 122416
Horween brown shell cordovan

6818051003_1e4b7722a1.jpg

Cigar, Ralph Lauren dark brown, color 4, ravello

Color 4 and ravello are the closest - ravello has more orange tones, color 4 has more darker mahogany/burgundy tones
Cigar is a real rich milk chocolate tone
RL's dark brown alternates a bit between a basic dark brown and a dark caramel color

The ravello longwings are the newest addition, thanks to a big tax return and Steven at Leffot having a pair available fo me... Atoms for work, longwings for play
post #22856 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by abam View Post

For anyone who hasn't been following the other threads, we're looking to make a Cigar SWB on the Leydon last with Epaulet. Here's a link to a survey, in case anyone here is interested.


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dDNmOWVGaC1TZEdyT0tGdmxwQUwwQ3c6MQ#gid=0



 



and results: 



 



https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtJNXI0csKY2dDNmOWVGaC1TZEdyT0tGdmxwQUwwQ3c



I actually have been in contact with Mike and he is posting a cigar LWB on a double oiled sole next week for pre-order. It will be like their Natural CXL LWB, but with cigar. It should be up mid-week. He wanted to first take care of the Obscura pre-order.
post #22857 of 122416
Yesterday was a Good Day for #8....

My "beater" Indy boots- the only shell boots I will walk the dog in on anything other than pavement...in this case an old fire road...they are dusty and in severe need of brushing...please don't let Mac see these...(there are some serious scuffs- the one on the right came from tripping on old rough cement stairs that literally gouged the leather- I am skeptical that brushing will be enough to take care of it)



j5xu9j.jpg




2zzlouq.jpg
post #22858 of 122416
From the info i have gathered from the replies for my queries as to the right sizing for my longwings bluchers, i am thinking of sizing down from 10D to 9D since the 10D sized pair is able to fit a single finger at the back of the heel. This is based of the "one U.S. size is 1/3 of an inch" info in one of the earlier post here. Does this sound right or am i down sizing way too much for a finger's width of space?

Appreciate your input guys. Thanks to those that have read and responded to my post earlier.
post #22859 of 122416
Hey guys - Just wanted to say that I just posted a bunch of Alden 9/9.5 shell back in B&S if anybody is interested.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/286275/alden-shell-purge-9-9-5-also-context-roy-boots-9-5d#post_5173108
post #22860 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by onijo84 View Post

From the info i have gathered from the replies for my queries as to the right sizing for my longwings bluchers, i am thinking of sizing down from 10D to 9D since the 10D sized pair is able to fit a single finger at the back of the heel. This is based of the "one U.S. size is 1/3 of an inch" info in one of the earlier post here. Does this sound right or am i down sizing way too much for a finger's width of space?
Appreciate your input guys. Thanks to those that have read and responded to my post earlier.

this sounds about right. I will adjust a half size if I need to "tweak" the fit. like if a shoe is too narrow, i will size up a half size. or if the shoe is slightly loose, ill size down a half size. If you can fit an entire finger, then size down one size.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.