Read post yesterday about Leffot stock of Ravello LWB. Had pair in cart yesterday but waivered on price so decided to go to store to save shipping. Couldn't make it there yet and now size is out. Was on the fence but now monumentally disappointed.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 11:20 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1512post #22666 of 1224162/1/12 at 11:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22667 of 1224162/1/12 at 11:30ampost #22668 of 1224162/1/12 at 11:33ampost #22669 of 1224162/1/12 at 11:39amQuote:
Shoemart has a couple of Aldens here.
C&J and Alfred Sargent and other British makers also have captoe boots...post #22670 of 1224162/1/12 at 11:40amQuote:
Wah, I'm in the same boat! So many of the staple Aldens are on the Barrie, I'm not sure how to fill out my collection. I like the Trubalance, but the heels on my one Barrie shoe are...sigh... a little loose. I really want to go for some LWBs, PTBs and maybe even a Chukka. But, aside from the occasional make-up, am I wrong in thinking that there aren't too many staple bluchers on lasts over than Barrie?
Maybe I could start with the Unionmade Laydon Officer shoe. It's a casual shoe, but at least it is a PTB.post #22671 of 1224162/1/12 at 11:40amQuote:
The worst feeling ever. If it's exactly what you have been looking for, you jump on it! If you have to "think about it" you'll miss out. I've learned that far too many times in this, so called, hobby.post #22672 of 1224162/1/12 at 11:49am
Is anyone interested in a very lightly worn (10-12 wears) pair of 11.5 A/C split toe Alden cordovan #8 loafers from the Alden NYC store? These are on the Grant last and, much to my dismay, I have discovered that I am really a 12 A/C. Have a new pair on order, but wanted to see if anyone wanted to take these off my hands. If there is some interest, I will post some better pics. These retail for over $600.post #22673 of 1224162/1/12 at 11:57amQuote:
You are, of course, totally right, but I'm in the early stages. My brain still has a hard time wrapping around the concept of $700 shoes. Unfortunately for me, saw photos of NewYorkRanger's Ravello LWB a few weeks ago causing serious cognitive dissonance.post #22674 of 1224162/1/12 at 12:06pmyeah unless there is a harsh or no return policy - always jump on the rare models especially if you were contemplating them already. once you get them home and on your feet, you will know right away if you have buyer's remorse or if you got yourself a keeper. Anyways don't dwell on it too much, another great make-up is just around the corner.post #22675 of 1224162/1/12 at 12:37pmpost #22676 of 1224162/1/12 at 12:50pmpost #22677 of 1224162/1/12 at 12:58pmpost #22678 of 1224162/1/12 at 12:58pm
my cobbler back in PA ordered them, any cobbler should be able to get it though, as long as they deal with vibram. Chicken from sufu was the one that peaked me into getting it done. It worked really well when I was in NYC last winter and it snowed like every day.post #22679 of 1224162/1/12 at 12:58pmpost #22680 of 1224162/1/12 at 1:01pmQuote:
What size do you wear? The Alden Shop of San Francisco shows ravello LWB available online in sizes 6 through 9:
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 seconds ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?