Yup, picked them up from LSBH. I was lucky that my size was still in stock since I did not pre-order.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 1471post #22051 of 1224161/24/12 at 7:00ampost #22052 of 1224161/24/12 at 7:15ampost #22053 of 1224161/24/12 at 7:18ampost #22054 of 1224161/24/12 at 7:18ampost #22055 of 1224161/24/12 at 7:26amQuote:post #22056 of 1224161/24/12 at 7:29amQuote:
Speaking of this, how hard am I supposed to press when brushing cordovan with a horsehair brush? I sometimes feel like if I press too hard for too long I'm going to scratch the shoe.
I wish Mac would do a video demo or something .post #22057 of 1224161/24/12 at 8:01ampost #22058 of 1224161/24/12 at 8:07ampost #22059 of 1224161/24/12 at 8:19amQuote:Originally Posted by applky
I'm in a profession where I could theoretically wear jeans and a polo everyday, but take that flexibility as an opportunity to wear proper, tailored clothing and footwear. As such I don't mind wearing my 403s when the rest of my look suits it -- which is to say, with chinos and denim, but not with trousers. I tend to stick to the Aberdeen last for trousers. Of course, the styling of the shoe matters as much as the last -- an Indy shoe on the Aberdeen last would still look casual despite its sleekness (this shoe is giving me nightmares just thinking about it).
Same here, except for the "only Aberdeen with trousers". I am still rather a novice to men's clothing, but I find the Barrie last to be perfectly suitable for trousers assuming the shoes are cohesive with one's overall style. E.g. if you are the type of person who wears the Madison cut at Brooks as opposed to the Milano, Barrie LWBs will be fine.Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I'm just curious as to how you guys wear your Aldens aesthetically. I mean, I'm in a profession where I don't need to dress a "certain way" and I feel my Alden "clunkers" offer a bit of an eccentric twist to my look. From what I'm gathering, the clunkier lasts go well with Raw Denim in an "Americana" Workwear type look, or the simple American Trad. Any feel like sharing?
I am probably more conservative in my footwear selection than many of the Alden fans here. My Aldens are largely of the basic variety, mostly stock models in fact. I prefer that my shoes get lost in my overall look, which is generally on the conservative side of business casual. I get oddly uncomfortable when people comment on my shoes, or even look at them a little too long. I find that the individual design features of shoes that get the most attention are, in descending order: (1) high color contrasts (e.g. saddles, contrast laces), (2) light colors, (3) brogueing or unusual stitching, and (4) sleekness. Thus I avoid high contrasts entirely, and I try not to combine light colors with heavy brogueing or sleek lasts. Color 8 LWBs don't draw much attention in my experience, nor do ravello LHS or whiskey PTBs (with the appropriate outfit, of course). 911s hit the trifecta of light color plus heavy brogueing plus a sleek shape, making me extremely self-conscious every time I wear them, which is unfortunate as they are easily my favorite Alden design. Many (most?) of the custom makeups I see also incorporate one or more of the design elements I try to avoid, so I don't particularly lust after them. For jeans I lean towards Indy's (brown and black, though the black Indy's have a highly contrasting welt I have grown to dislike for the reasons above) or color 8 boots.post #22060 of 1224161/24/12 at 9:02amOff Topic Warning
I know this is Alden thread, but I came across a deal ($150.00) on AE Dalton Boot in Calf for factory seconds at the Freeport ME AE outlet. I ordered a pair in 10.5D, wear a 10D Barrie. No, they don't have any cordovan shell. I figured I'd pass it along, since I saw a picture of the shell on this thread and loved the look of them.post #22061 of 1224161/24/12 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by WhatAboutBob
Off Topic Warning
I know this is Alden thread, but I came across a deal ($150.00) on AE Dalton Boot in Calf for factory seconds at the Freeport ME AE outlet. I ordered a pair in 10.5D, wear a 10D Barrie. No, they don't have any cordovan shell. I figured I'd pass it along, since I saw a picture of the shell on this thread and loved the look of them.
I know they had this deal around black friday. Is this active?post #22062 of 1224161/24/12 at 9:09am
here we go, my first indy's. extremely comfortable to wear throughout the day. i was able to get a good deal on these from TBS, see below.
one issue with these is the tongue tends to slide slightly (shoe on the left). this can be remedy by not tightening the laces too much. very happy with this purchase and the compliments that I've received.
Alden - Indy Boot Burgundy Waxed Leather
Size: US 9,5
ald-fw11-0035 1 USD 322.00 Subtotal USD 322.00 Shipping & Handling USD 10.00 Grand Total USD 332.00post #22063 of 1224161/24/12 at 9:12amQuote:
http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/the-mac-method/post #22064 of 1224161/24/12 at 9:12amQuote:
I'd say the contrast on the welt on the brown Indys stands out pretty well, too. I get comments on mine all the time, although I'm also not usually around people that wear much more than boat shoes or cowboy boots.post #22065 of 1224161/24/12 at 9:17amQuote:
Indy Shoes...only Aldens I've had comments on so far.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 36 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 45 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 51 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 56 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...